PDA

View Full Version : replacing source coil on 84 tri moto 200

4cfed
12-18-2009, 12:06 AM
gonna tackle this tommrow to get the wifes 3 wheeler finnaly running.. well keep it running, does anyone have directions on doing this?? i know monrow mike has the service manual on it BUT for some reason my computer saves it as a picture file.

iv herd the lighting and source coils looks very simmaler, and i want to make sure i replace the right one. . . . hoping to hit up the ice saturday so i want to try and get hers done so she can ride to.

WIkid500
12-18-2009, 12:17 AM
You have an email? I can forward you a word document with the pic's to take the flywheel and stuff off. The whole file is too big to send.

4cfed
12-18-2009, 12:20 AM
pm sent. .

am i gonna need a pully puller or something on that lines to get the flywheel off??

WIkid500
12-18-2009, 12:28 AM
yep a standard 3 bolt universal puller looks like it will do the trick. Email has been sent.

Texas 200x
12-18-2009, 12:38 AM
I'm not sure on the bike but you should be able to follow the wiring to the cdi or the rectifier to know which is the right coil. Hope you ride SAT!

4cfed
12-18-2009, 12:38 AM
ok.. hope i can rent it from the auto parts store.. damn computer hates me i swear!!! i got the email. it saved, scanned for virsis's and wont work, i really hate my computer...

im hoping i can get this done tomrow, guy at the repair shop said it shouldnt take more than a hour to do, and if i were to take it to him it would run me about 65 bucks!! if i have to go into this blind i might just go that route

texas200x... thanks. ill follow the wiring for it, and ether way IM riding the ice saturday, weather the wifes machine is ready or not! my 200x is studded up and ready to roll. poppin the 13t front on her tommrow

WIkid500
12-18-2009, 12:49 AM
It shouldn't be too bad. The coils are right under the flywheel so once that's off it should be easy. Sucks the email didn't work, Oh well.

4cfed
12-18-2009, 12:55 AM
It shouldn't be too bad. The coils are right under the flywheel so once that's off it should be easy. Sucks the email didn't work, Oh well.

it worked.. just my computer is a pile!! i have problems saving anything except pictures. i got the files saved and unzipped and now it keeps tellin me to select aprogram, and i do and it goes nuts and frrzes the computer