PDA

View Full Version : Ytm 200

xuberantz
12-14-2009, 06:59 PM
Well I finally got my $150 YTM 200 up and running today, after a lot of tinkering and modifing things to work :lol:. The Trike came with a huge carburetor held on by a piece of radiator hose, and no airbox. It had a filter with a glove and zip ties rapped around it :crazy:. Anyways, I used a Suzuki 230 carb I had laying around on it, including the intake and an airbox setup I made work and it seems to be running MUCH better than it did...

I have a few questions though:

1). A few times the starter recoil has kicked back and it freaking HURTS! Is there anyway to prevent this? I noticed a decompression lever on the head, but not sure what to do with it...

2). I noticed some blue smoke from the trike (it's been sitting for who knows HOW long) when I rode it for a bit, but it seemed like the more I rode it the less it smoked. What would be the easiest way to diagnose the smoke if it doesn't clear up?

3). If It turns out to be the rings, or something involving the engine being torn apart is it difficult, and is it costly?

Also, this is the first trike I've had had in YEARS the last was a little ATC 110, I miss that thing! ;)

Thanks in advance :TrikesOwn

MudBug
12-14-2009, 07:28 PM
well if its smokes constantly, its probably rings. Rings arent hard if your mechanically inclined, or ask lots of questions on here :lol: if it smokes for a little bit at start up it is probably valve seals. which needs the head taken off to do also. good luck, welcome, and post some pics when you can!