PDA

View Full Version : Oh what to do

3wheeledjunkie
12-08-2009, 08:34 PM
Got the 185S running yesterday night and started to fix other problem area's. Started to wonder, did the 185S come with a grab bar or a rack from the factory? I like the looks of grab bars, but the trike has a rack on it now. But the only reason i would see fit to replace the rack is it was wrapped in electrical tape by the guy i bought it off of. I'm really scared to pull off the tape and find holes or horrible welds. but then again it could just be surface rust. But on the other hand the rack can't be that easy a find can it. I mean how many of these (what i can only assume is) Hondaline racks still exist. My 110 came with one on it and it was too far gone and it looks better with a grab bar. So... Decisions, decisions

oscarmayer
12-08-2009, 10:24 PM
yes they had bars from the factory. you can get grab bars off ebay for a decent price or someone on here can get ya one i'm sure.

Autophysn
12-08-2009, 10:59 PM
dude, rip the tape off, nothing like knowing exactly where you stand with it...

harryredtrike
12-09-2009, 12:47 PM
^^^^^ i agree,take the tape off and look.also i would get a grab bar for her.

3wheeledjunkie
12-09-2009, 08:50 PM
What do you guys see as a reasonable price to sandblast this thing if it needs it. I know the local grave marker guy will sandblast it for a price. Any price range you guys would be willing to pay? Gonna start tearing the tape away later tonight.

i58829
12-09-2009, 08:52 PM
Simply run a razor blade along the tape and then it wont be a chore to take it all off. As for blasting it, i'd expect to pay around 35 without any primer or paint being applied...

Pafrig
12-09-2009, 11:31 PM
On a side note, if you have large amounts of oily/greasy gloves and parts that you want clean, take it to the dry cleaners. My local place charges 8$ a bag regardless of the contents... Maybe that would work with stripping paint/rust as well?

3wheeledjunkie
12-10-2009, 09:01 AM
Well tore into last night. Someone had tried to paint it camo, along with the rest of the wheeler. But i couldn't find any serious spots that would compromise it's use. But i found a cheap grab bar on ebay, gonna get it and see which look i like better. Thinking I might stay with the rack though because it also has a hitch mounted on it too, make it my little worker wheeler.

greythorn3
01-16-2010, 06:43 AM
On a side note, if you have large amounts of oily/greasy gloves and parts that you want clean, take it to the dry cleaners. My local place charges 8$ a bag regardless of the contents... Maybe that would work with stripping paint/rust as well?

what drycleaners? are you insane.. u think they would actually take a engine in a bag?