PDA

View Full Version : Just got a sweet 110

3forlife
08-11-2003, 01:02 PM
Hey all,

Last week I picked up an awesome 83 Honda 110 fpr $100. I bought it from a guy I know at work. His father bought it new in 83 for the kids to ride around the yard. They live in a village so the yard was pretty small, and I was told it never left it! First off it needs a new gas tank which is why it has laid dorment for some years. Other than that this thing is unreal! Most everything on it shines after I cleaned it. This thing has never been in any mud or anything. Took the seat off and looked in the toolbox to find brand new shiny tools! We had it running without the tank but it is still acting like it is getting a bit too much gas, so I ordered a aftermarket plastic tank and a carb kit. (anybody ever order from atvparts.com?, how are they?) I was just going to cob this trike together until I saw its condition, now I am all into getting this thing to look mint. What do you guys think about 110s? I am about 5' 11'' and 180. I have had many trikes in the past but this one is the smallest. Still I am looking foward to bombing around on it. Has anybody ever purchased one of the aftermarket plastic tanks for a 110? I am wondering how it will fit considering the seat is molded around the tank. Ahhh, its good to be back into trikes again. Over the years I have had many and they have all been good to me. (YTM 125 (2), Honda 200E (2) and YTM 225DX) Well thanks for listening to me rant! I am off to polish up the 110 in anticipation of getting my tank.

Kurt

yater
08-11-2003, 02:32 PM
You're not ranting man I hear ya. I just got a 110 a few weeks ago in really good condition. It has a plastic tank and it fits great. I've got new plastics to match the tank cuz the color was a little off. I get around great on mine--I also have a big red but this thing is so much fun and so easy to play with that I ride it over the red whenever possible. I just put a carb kit on mine also and it runs mint. 100% mint--These things are awesome--I'm about 160 and mine gets me around great. Just keep the revs up going up long steep hills and watch yourself on steep descents. Have fun!

350Xccelerator
08-11-2003, 07:25 PM
yeah 110s are alot of fun my cousin has one with an aluminum frame, aftermarket pipe, renthal handlebars, turf tamers, and spacers. I have a blast on it everytime i ride it.

hondaATCman
08-11-2003, 10:32 PM
There's just somethin about the 110's that make them so great. I don't know exactly what it is, it just is :D . Light, quiet, fast, and you really can't get hurt that bad if you wreck. Just an all around good trike.

slippy4
08-11-2003, 11:22 PM
Hey all,

Over the years I have had many and they have all been good to me. (YTM 125 (2), Honda 200E (2) and YTM 225DX)
Kurt

first off, congrats on your find, i have also just found a $100 trike, a YTM 125, i was just wondering how it got you around? did you like it at all? i cant wait to ride it (need a new tire)

PowerTrike
08-11-2003, 11:55 PM
Welcome to the board. :) I think you'll fit in perfectly! Yeah 110s are pretty cool little trikes. My friend has one and I (at 6'4'' 170) still have a blast riding it when I go over to his place ;) Thats cool that you found it so mint.

3forlife
08-11-2003, 11:57 PM
I liked the YTM 125. I am not a real fan of 2 strokes but that one was pretty reliable. The one thing I really didnt like about it was the shifting linkage. Both of the 125s I owned had a ton of play in the shifter. The linkage on it runs almost the length of the frame connecting to the tranny near the back of the engine. As far as power, it was pretty spunky, you can ride a wheelie on it all day. It is definatly less cramped than the 110. You will have fun on it!