PDA

View Full Version : 250R Pipes

Racerguy381
12-05-2009, 04:04 PM
So I have a mystery pipe on my 250R no tags no name no stamps. It looks alot like a CT but Im not sure. So Im wondering if anyone else has input on some of these old cone style pipes. Like Trinity, LRD, Dyno Port, Bills. I just want to know pros an cons about them as well as what kinda power they made.

Heres a pic of mine
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v488/Racerguy381/toys/250R.jpg

tecat-z
12-05-2009, 05:48 PM
The pros... They look cool, and really that's my favorite part. I've used many pipes from aftermarket companies and honistly, the correct state of tune is much more important than the actual pipe being used. So called "great exhaust" is only that if your tune up is correct, and understood. Many people just assume the so called budget exhaust systems make no power. They all make power, and i've beat up many machines with my Tecate weather i use a full D.G, of a rare hand built Klemm exhaust. Not as much difference as many would lead you to believe. And remember, we're talking in frame's here. Out's are a totally different subject. No two machines respond in exactly same way, as there are just too many variables.:beer

Racerguy381
12-05-2009, 08:03 PM
I totally understand where your comming from. All my engines I build myself, I do have input from a friend that does it for a living. I still am the one doing all the portwork and jetting. My R is just a good clean up port nothing raised just widened the exhaut a few mm plus Im running a 39PWK and that pipe. It runs awsome I just wish I knew what pipe it was. This thread was also intended to figure out what kinda power each pipe out there would produce on most mild build or stock machines.

Racerguy381
12-06-2009, 09:48 PM
Anyone have input on different 250R pipes as in power comparison?