PDA

View Full Version : Carb rebuild...Wont start 200x

blake.latham
12-03-2009, 07:26 PM
Need help Rebuilt the carb with kit did it by the book. And now it wont start i kick and kick it will rumble to a start really sounding like its missing and quits. My pilot screw is 2 out and ive been messing with air screw help me please

85Tecate
12-03-2009, 07:34 PM
Need help Rebuilt the carb with kit did it by the book. And now it wont start i kick and kick it will rumble to a start really sounding like its missing and quits. My pilot screw is 2 out and ive been messing with air screw help me please

Did you make sure the pilot jet was the same number as the old one? I would check that, and for air leaks. 1 1/2 to 2 turns out should get you close. Make sure the bowl is full of fuel.

blake.latham
12-03-2009, 07:43 PM
yes pilot did not get changed due to the moose carb kit had wrong pilot screw. was easy to tell the new one had very fine threads vvvvv versus stock VVVVVV so i didnt use

blake.latham
12-03-2009, 07:55 PM
i will check fuel bowl

rdlsz24
12-03-2009, 11:33 PM

Pilot screw is the same thing as the air screw. Do you mean you are messing with the idle?

Rob

Thorpe
12-03-2009, 11:35 PM
If it had the wrong pilot screw, what else in the kit was wrong? I had a kit for my BR that had a wrong primary jet... a 180 (suppose to be a 45!)

85Tecate
12-03-2009, 11:37 PM
If it had the wrong pilot screw, what else in the kit was wrong? I had a kit for my BR that had a wrong primary jet... a 180 (suppose to be a 45!)

I agree. I would send the kit back and get the correct one. You might have the wrong needle jet (which could be sticking in the seat and not allowing fuel to get in) or one or both of your jets are the wrong size. Also the fuel screw is probably wrong. Dont use that kit. Theres a reason theyre not interchangable!

harryredtrike
12-04-2009, 01:32 AM
after checking all that above,make sre you didnt bend the float tabs.

oscarmayer
12-04-2009, 09:17 AM
i think the jests are incorrect and either not flowing or flowing too much.