PDA

View Full Version : 250R Build Finally

Side Wayz
12-02-2009, 10:26 PM
So I finally got a 85 R thx to Levi. He's getting me started. Gave me a ton of stuff. Frame, forks, front wheel, hub, trips, and bars. Front and rear fenders, tank with shrouds and petcock. Swingarm, grab bar, seat, airbox, skidplate, muffler, front brake assy. The radiators with covers, foot brake lever motor mounts, but need motor. But hey its a great start, I've been wanting a R for some time now. This was one of my best B-day present. He's helped me alot. So just want to say thx and I appreciate it dude. HopeI can gt it running by Summit time.:TrikesOwn I dont have pics until he gets on he had the camera.

leviblue
12-03-2009, 12:05 AM
I'll try to get the pics up. gotta figure out how to. Well I'll have to write a little story about this later. you know REAL TRIKERS HELP EACH OTHER all others try to make a buck off ya.

oldskool83
12-03-2009, 08:12 AM
sounds fun, cant wait to see progress pics.

harryredtrike
12-03-2009, 12:10 PM
ive wanted an R since i first saw one in the 80's.i finally got one this year and am very happy with it.why did i wait so long?

harryredtrike
12-04-2009, 01:45 AM
hey side wayz here is a pic of mine.

Side Wayz
12-04-2009, 02:20 AM
Nice harry you got a nice piece there, I still need amotor pipie rear and front axle shock,rear sprocket the works, but im very great ful and imout ther now stripping the frame forksand every thing else. I;ll be in the garage probaly til 4 am. Im gonna try to trade my 200x for a engine and hopefully some other parts i need for the 85 r I;m so happy its actually a total rebuild bu I wont stop til shes done and im very dedicated I have the forks and tripples shinning, but i need the bottom tripple also it was cracked. Im just happy to be working on it. Im having troubledown loading pics from laptop.trying to use photo bucket. Now.:TrikesOwn

harryredtrike
12-04-2009, 02:26 AM
cool side wayz, do what you can, when you can.and before you know it,your trike will be done the way you want it.plus youll love it more when you do it all yourself.good luck dude,youll get there.

Side Wayz
12-04-2009, 02:35 AM
yeah I do my best.Im hoping to have it done for summit. Thing is if I trade my x for mymotor and dont have the rest of the parts im kinda fcked. Im really trying to get this done the work is no problem its the parts i need you know.:TrikesOwn

Side Wayz
12-04-2009, 03:00 AM
some pics of 200x.

Side Wayz
12-04-2009, 03:07 AM
Srry having problemsposting pics it say.....

350x, 200x.JPG:
Your file of 790.4 KB bytes exceeds the forum's limit of 250.0 KB for this filetype.

leviblue
12-04-2009, 04:16 AM
A RUNNING 200X FOR A 250R MOTOR....WHAT A DEAL!!!!! Someone should jump on this.
Allright I gave Nick his 1st 250R,,,,sorta,,,He's gonna need help and I hope the members are kind enough to help out. Now Nicks bike is a frame that a member gave me Tuesday (thx Tom) tank is an extra I got Tuesday when I bought Coles parts which he gave me more stuff than I had room for but I took it. The rads are from Steve,the rest is from me. I don't horde but I have a spare for every part. I just don't have the room for all of it so I'm giving it away. If your reading this I have 84-85 T3 parts( gave away a rear shock to a member 2day for postage)and trx 250r rad and ft fenders/hood for free or if you have a part nick needs no matter how small we'll trade if still avalable.
I don't know if people still help each other out but I do and have given away lots of stuff to members here I'd like to see if anyone does the same with extras or rebuildables like I do. Cause those are the guys I'd wanna breakdown on the trail with . Matter of fact Nick you can have my old rear shock, got a new showa today. Maybe I'm just this way cause I'm from a racing family and learned it ain't racing when your racing alone your just a dog chasin it's tale.
We'll get ya running by Summit I don't wanna be the only Jersey Boy there.

Side Wayz
12-04-2009, 05:13 AM
Got a 200x for 85 86 250r engine and any parts you have to go with it. My x has newrear plastics krhome full DG exhaust and a black full DG exhaust 2 sets of sprockets (13 and 12 front and 2 40 tooth rears 2 chains, new off road tank grandolyne bars, and torn seat starts on 2-3 kicks sometime 1 kick. just had rings put in reseated the valves just took off the swing arm took it down to bare metal primed and repainted. Everything is tight Plus I have extras, oringinal tank small dent, rear plastics and extra bars some brake parts. PM me I need some other stuff for the R. But most inportant is a good running engine an any thing else you have. If you want to give me a call Pm me for number.

Thx for any help.

Side Wayz
12-04-2009, 06:32 PM
Some pics of the R stuff I have and stripping it to prime and paint. And some pics of my barber chair I converted into a bike lift.:idea: 84134

leviblue
12-04-2009, 06:51 PM
those the same forks I gave ya????WOW

Side Wayz
12-04-2009, 07:29 PM
Yes sir I dont play every thing :TrikesOwn I get will be the best I can get it. Illbeuptil3or4am tonite.

Side Wayz
12-04-2009, 09:03 PM
Still in need of engine wtt my 200x for engine and maybe extra parts I need.

The Punisher
12-04-2009, 09:15 PM
It is nice to see you building a trike Side wayz.
So is this a build thread, or a classified wanted thread? Maybe it would be more productive, to list the parts you need or want to trade in the claasifeds forum.
That is why we have a forum like that. To buy, sell or trade parts.

Side Wayz
12-04-2009, 09:48 PM
Yeah you have a valid point there Pun. I did start out as a thread for a rebuild but I wilpost new thread for parts. Thx.

Side Wayz
12-04-2009, 11:30 PM
Cant post on Classified ad, or new thread anywhere.

Got a 200x for 85 86 250r engine and any parts you have to go with it. My x has
newrear plastics krhome full DG exhaust and a black full DG exhaust 2 sets of sprockets (13 and 12 front and 2 40 tooth rears 2 chains, new off road tank grandolyne bars, and torn seat, and extra frame, starts on 2-3 kicks sometime 1 kick. just had rings put in reseated the valves just took off the swing arm took it down to bare metal primed and repainted. Everything is tight Plus I have extras, oringinal tank small dent, rear plastics and extra bars some brake parts. PM me I need some other stuff for the R. But most important is a good running engine and any thing else you have. If you want to give me a call Pm me for number. I will get together a full list of things I need.

Thx for any help.

Side Wayz
12-05-2009, 05:17 AM
Fixed on classified now.