PDA

View Full Version : 350x rebuild

sportsfinat
12-01-2009, 10:35 PM
well im rebuilding my 350x and i have a couple questions. I am replacing the exhaust valve guides and valves and was wondering if the vesrah valves on ebay are any good. they say that they are built to oem standards but i was just wondering if anyone has used them. I may just replace the intake side as well but ill need to see how deep my pockets are. I plan on just buying oem guides from bikebandit.com. I am also going to put a 10.25:1 piston in it and maybe look for a cam but the cam will have to wait. By the way, im looking for an exhaust and if anyone has a full aftermarket system shoot me a msg and i would greatly appreciate it. thanks for the input.

200xkwit
12-02-2009, 01:20 AM
well if it means anything at all, i put those ebay vesrah valves and valve seals in my 85 200x when i built the motor... just lap um in real good and you should be all set... this motor was a 12:1 compression.. i blew that sucker up one day when i got real greedy and put 93 in it and went beating on it after a few beers.... blew the head gasket and when i took it apart valves were just fine and passed a leak test fine...:beer

200xkwit
12-02-2009, 01:21 AM
o and for the honest record i didnt use a tourqe wrench on the head bolts :eek:

200XMichigan
12-02-2009, 01:46 PM
Vesrah makes some good stuff. I bought a complete gasket kit for a Suzuki GS1000 from them and put the engine back together. The cam cap bolt was stripped out so I had to get a new head, but already torqued down the head and gasket. I e-mailed Vesrah since they don't sell the head gasket seperately. They shipped me a head gasket from Tokyo Japan free of charge. So I would buy their products again any time.