PDA

View Full Version : what is a god running complete 86 T3 motor worth?

danimal95
11-29-2009, 01:14 PM
considering selling my freshly rebuilt,low hour T3 motor,complete with the KPIS badge,and new updated stator and flywheel assembly,need an idea what this worth?it should be known that the rebuild was completed less than 15 hours and was completely re- nikasil'd ,for those that are wondering why i would sell it,i just picked up a 2000 KX500 for a swap,and i really dont see myself putting this motor back in

dcreel
11-29-2009, 01:30 PM
If you had documentation for the rebuild it would be worth more.

danimal95
11-29-2009, 01:33 PM
If you had documentation for the rebuild it would be worth more.

more than what?????

ScottZJ
11-29-2009, 02:44 PM
Well unfortunately in this current economy, they arent getting the big bucks that they used to. I have seen good runners sell for around 1000-1500$, so a motor might bring half that.

trizmoneypit
11-29-2009, 03:35 PM
more than what?????

I think he means if you have all the receipts from the rebuild usually that helps the asking price. :idea:

dcreel
11-29-2009, 03:51 PM
I think he means if you have all the receipts from the rebuild usually that helps the asking price. :idea:

That is exactly what I meant. Saying it has a new rebuild doesn't mean a whole lot without receipts. I'm not personally saying you.. but people tend to embelish things when they are on the inside of a motor. The receipts would be proof of the rebuild therefore making prospective buyers feel better about spending more money for the motor. Compared to some guy on craigslist who says his motor is rebuilt without any receipts.

Like a carfax report for a used car. :D

atcquebec
11-29-2009, 04:01 PM
I am from Quebec Canada and i would be willing to pay $4000 for a T3 86

3Razors
11-29-2009, 06:11 PM
Danimal, I wouldn't sell that Tecate motor right away. I have seen so many times alot of people think the kx500 conversion is a walk in the park and start on the project but later find out that the conversion is more work then they can handle and the bike ends up being a cobbled up mess. I'm not saying you don't have the skills by any means but I would just make sure your Tecate 500 turns out good before I sold off the motor.

danimal95
11-30-2009, 10:06 AM
Danimal, I wouldn't sell that Tecate motor right away. I have seen so many times alot of people think the kx500 conversion is a walk in the park and start on the project but later find out that the conversion is more work then they can handle and the bike ends up being a cobbled up mess. I'm not saying you don't have the skills by any means but I would just make sure your Tecate 500 turns out good before I sold off the motor.

i appreciate the imput,however i am a welder fabricator by trade so i feel very confident in my ability to finish this project,and have it turn out very well....not to mention selling the motor would hepl fund the build