PDA

View Full Version : partsfish.com question

davham
08-10-2003, 04:53 PM
Is this a good company to deal with? Do they ship in a timely manner? Is there a cheaper place to get crank bearings and seals. These guy's prices dont look to bad compaired to many others I've found.
IF i'd only known good z parts were few and far between i'd of gotten an R!

Dave

deathman53
08-10-2003, 05:14 PM
I placed an order with them, its been 3 months and no parts or emails. I think the parts I wanted are discontinued, but still should have got a email. Iwouldn't recomend them. take the part numbers off there site(its in the adress) and order though a discount dealer.

groundfly
08-10-2003, 08:21 PM
i just ordered some gaskets and other stuff. It took them around a week to even process and ship then i gotta wait another week to finally get it. I know a week does'nt sound like a long time but it is when my cylinder's sitting in the open ya know. I don't recommend them either. oh, and i had to call them twice just to see if and when they we're gonna ship. They don't seem to be in any hurry to ship orders or contact buyers :evil:

350x'inNY
08-10-2003, 10:40 PM
Yeah.... I just use their site to get part numbers. Go up to the address bar, and arrow left. I think it's right after ISBN or something like that. Then I went to Service Honda for my 350X parts... not sure of a discount Yamaha dealer. I have been very pleased with Service Honda. I bought some parts off BikeBandit, but they were Honda List Price and were less user friendly than Service Honda.

Thanks!
Bruce

yyz4208@aol.com
08-10-2003, 10:49 PM
theres a yamaha parts dealer that gives 15% off if you have the yamaha part number
its duke something yamaha
I am not sure of the website

davham
08-10-2003, 11:28 PM
Well shoot, guess I'll steer clear of them. Their prices looked good though.
I need to rebuild a crank on an '85 Tri z, idea's of where to get parts?
Thanks
Dave

yater
08-10-2003, 11:32 PM
I highly recommend dennis kirk if they have what you need. Free shipping if order is over $100 and cheap shipping if it's not. You can call them 24-7 and a girl actually answers the phone! These days, that's service.

TimSr
08-11-2003, 01:16 AM
Partfish usually ships right away if they have your order in stock. The problem is they do a poor job of notification, when they have to order a part. Ive gotten orders from them in Ohio in two days before, but Ive had to wait two weeks at other times.

I just got my order from bikebandit.com, and it was about two weeks, but Im sure they didnt have it in stock either.

Dennis Kirk has always been super to me, and if you are rebuilding a crank, they probably have what you need.

davham
08-11-2003, 09:56 AM
I have delt with dennis kirk before, trouble is they have no rod kit. They have pistins and sleeves but no rod. Guess I'll kepp searching.
Dave

badtriz
08-11-2003, 12:31 PM
i just rebuilt my crank on my z with a new wiseco piston and wiseco hot rod. they dont make a rod kit for the z but they do make one for a new 429 i think.i cant remember the exact year and model but i think its a 97 yamaha 429. they are the exact same .