PDA

View Full Version : Trike cuts out

tecate 250rr
11-23-2009, 11:37 PM
Okay, I got a problem . Just came back from Glamis last night and while i was out there I had a problem that got progressively worse. The problem was at first the bike ran really good I was running bills pipe then switched to the shear pipe that really opened her up then then next day . I took her out close to camp had a couple of races then the bike started cutting out or shutting down even while i was down shifting and still lite on the throttle After every pass . I had to make a pass sit for a few minutes then she'd kick rite over and make another pass then at the end she would cut out again . Well it started to get worse so i thought that maybe it was the pilot jet checked that and everything else in the carb and it checked out ok . It's now to the point that it won't start . Carb is clean ,new stator,new flywheel, filter's clean, new plug .What do you guys think ? My guess is the CDI but I'm not sure . Anybody got any ideas? :confused: :confused: :confused:

tecate 250rr
11-24-2009, 07:56 PM
bump, bump

beets442
11-24-2009, 08:21 PM
Try kicking it over in the dark. Have a buddy watch to see if the plug wire is arcing off anywhere or if its getting spark... I've had a wire move(vibrate) on me and the closer it moved to the head or frame the worse it got....Check air cleaner(whole intake) isn't plugged with with mouse nest or something else... (tis the season)...Good luck Beets

tecate 250rr
11-24-2009, 08:39 PM
Just replaced coil with one from a blaster and an new plug boot new plastic ngk stye it started but it shut of when I tried to move it to the street from the drive way

Gearheadtom
11-24-2009, 09:11 PM
Are you getting a good flow of gas into the bowl of the carb?

tecate 250rr
11-25-2009, 06:52 PM
yeah, I trying pull starting it last night and it seemed to want to run as the light was on and it kinda ran but couldn't . Checked the stator and sure enough it's bad call raicky stator today and i'm on my way down to pick up another one ,it's under warranty for a year.

tecate 250rr
11-26-2009, 02:16 PM
So. I pulled the stator off and when I was looking at it ,it looked like the screw securing the black wire to the coil was loose . i still returned it as I wasn't sure if that was the problem anyway. But when i installed the new stator I made sure i took all the screws off and put blue threadlocker on them,just to make sure it doesn't happen again. So now I'm off to GLAMIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:Bounce :w00t:

85Tecate
11-26-2009, 10:53 PM
So. I pulled the stator off and when I was looking at it ,it looked like the screw securing the black wire to the coil was loose . i still returned it as I wasn't sure if that was the problem anyway. But when i installed the new stator I made sure i took all the screws off and put blue threadlocker on them,just to make sure it doesn't happen again. So now I'm off to GLAMIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:Bounce :w00t:

wow this is kind of what mine did last ride. I sure hope its not the stator! I ran it wide open in 5th for about 10 seconds on a gravel road and it just flat out died....I ended up getting it fired back up by popping the clutch by the time it came to a stop. I would like to hear a bit more detail of when exaclty yours did this. I was thinking maybe it was the float level or something.