PDA

View Full Version : 350x death wobble

busted
11-16-2009, 08:00 PM
Anybody got suggestions on what maybe causing the front end on my newly aquired 350x to shake? thanks

tanks350x
11-16-2009, 08:04 PM
check the bearrings, they might be bad. if you're riding on the street, the front tire just might not be ballanced. mine does it too on the street

aldochina
11-16-2009, 08:07 PM
on pavement, you will feel all kinds of wobbles you wouldnt on dirt. But if its rael bad you might have a bearing issue, or a tweaked front axle. could be a number of things, but thats what I would check first. Also could just have a flat spot on the tire from sitting.

eyecekold1
11-16-2009, 08:30 PM
I think the same thing... bearings. Does the back end wobble when its sitting still, like if you shake the bike using the grab bar? If you can see movement where the axle goes into the carrier its your bearings. Thats all I got. Good luck.

Mud1m
11-16-2009, 08:31 PM
Broken Belt In TIre???

busted
11-16-2009, 08:54 PM
I think the guy I bought the trike from may have put that green slim crap in the tires. He told me he put it in the rear tires ( I didn't tell him how excited I was that he had done that.) I think that crap should be outlawed. Tread wise it looks like a pretty good tire, there is one plug in it. You guys should see this trike it is so ugly. LOL its all factory 86 colors with yellow front and rear plastic. Its not even painted plastic its actually yellow. Red, white, blue, yellow with black fork boots and silver wheels. This thing would fit right in at a gay pride parade. Any you guys think that tire sealent crap would make the trike wobble like a PBR bull?

3 or die
11-16-2009, 09:16 PM
It might help to put more air than usual in the tires. Seems like I can find worn stuff eaiser that way

Dirtcrasher
11-16-2009, 09:35 PM
I run slime on my 350X Holeshots, glad I do...........

No wobble hear at all............

If the rear axle AND hubs are spot on, bent rim??

Did ya jack it up, rev it up and watch the rear tires??

Sometimes fired up steering stem bearings make the back feel all fired up................

Bryan Raffa
11-17-2009, 07:09 AM
bent forks?.... bent rotor..

Escanabajosh
11-17-2009, 10:09 AM
i had the same thing with my sx when i first bought it, the front tire wobbled like crazy. the first ride i took it on ( just down the road a mile and back) and my arms hurt from trying to keep it from wobbling ( i was on a paved road). replaced the front wheel bearing and now i can go 5th gear on the same road with no wobble.
not sure on the x but my sx was around $30 for bearings and seals from the honda shop.

JohnR.
11-17-2009, 10:40 PM
Too much slime will give you a wicked vibration. I would break the tires off the rims first to eliminate the problems that are free to fix before I started looking at other stuff.

John

oscarmayer
11-18-2009, 01:12 PM
hey hey now! slime is awesome! it's the best stuff on earth that got better!!!

all jokes asside, that stuff really is good stuff. not sure why you don't like it. ok you can't "patch" a tire after using it, but if you ride a lot, your going to get a ton of sticks and thorns in the tires and slime keeps you riding w/o issues. (trail and feild riding, track is different). if I didn't run slime all my tires on both kids quads and my 2 trikes would be flat after 1 day if ruding on the trails. Thorn vines, small sharp sticks and stumps all can put a small hole on a tire. the rune of thumb is if it's too big for slim, then you plug it, if it's too big to plug, get a new tire.