PDA

View Full Version : Honda 125M ignition box/pull start

bigworm626
11-11-2009, 07:24 PM
Hello,
I recently bought a 125m for 85$. I noticed the ignition unit complete but is missing the keys. Can it be rigged or can i just use the pull start. I can use either or right? Also do you know how much of a power difference is there between a 110c & a 125M? Thx!

85Tecate
11-11-2009, 08:03 PM
Hello,
I recently bought a 125m for 85$. I noticed the ignition unit complete but is missing the keys. Can it be rigged or can i just use the pull start. I can use either or right? Also do you know how much of a power difference is there between a 110c & a 125M? Thx!

It can be hotwired with no problem. usually just unplugging the ignition will do the trick, but refer to a manual to be sure. Also you will notice a difference in power between those two machines. I've owned both.

Gearheadtom
11-11-2009, 08:42 PM
If the ignition is similar to my '85 200m, there should be a black wire comming from the ignition switch. If there is, find a connection in it and unplug it. That wire grounds out the ignition, so with it unpluged your machine should start with the pull cord. I'd verify that there is spark before tireing your arm trying to start it.

Mud1m
11-11-2009, 08:45 PM
HEY! Ive done this before. Just unplug the key switch. and the little plug that is still on there will have a little square indent down in the plug, just stick a screw driver in there and turn it to the right as it where a key. Done deal!

MonroeMike
11-11-2009, 09:26 PM
Welcome to the board.

Post some pics of your ride.

Gearheadtom
11-12-2009, 11:18 AM
Answe to your PM question:
With the ignition in the "off" position, your engine will not start, even with the pull cord. So you would have to disconnect that black wire, but then the lights won't work. You could try to get the ignition apart so you can turn it with a screwdriver like Mud1m said.
Wiring Diagram- http://www.files.3wheelerworld.com/Wiring/ATC125Mx85.jpg
Can someone else verify this?

bigworm626
11-12-2009, 12:20 PM
Thx guys for your help, what it is basically the plug from the switch is just loose & it's missing the metal part where the key goes in, so I'm able to view the plug where the square indent is. Also the battery that came with the bike probably hasn't been used in about 2 years, can I recharge it with a 12V car charger or should just buy a new one?:wondering.