PDA

View Full Version : Parts For 1985 Atc 250r?

1985ATC250R
08-08-2003, 12:38 AM
I just got a 1985 atc250r and i was wondering wat r some good aftermarket parts i should put on it. Because right now it is mostly stock,i am gonna be doing a lot of woods and try to do tracks so if u have any ideas or want to sell something just reply.

350Xccelerator
08-08-2003, 02:01 AM
Pipe, and filter.

TG
08-08-2003, 09:29 AM
Might try a tire and sprocket swap depending on the terrain. If its really gnarly woods, might go up on the rear sprocket for more torque. If it still has stock tires, Id ditch them real quick! I ran some really nasty woods with a turner 6 pipe and Boysen reeds and a set of turf tamers 18-9.5-8 at low pressure.

TimSr
08-08-2003, 09:42 AM
When you get a new ride, what I suggest is riding it as it is for a while and THEN decide what it is that is lacking for the way and places you ride. Woods and tracks have different needs. A pipe is great, but do you need a hi rev pipe, mid range or a low end pipe? You dont know until you try it. On the track you might want wheel spacers. In the woods you dont. The best woods tires are the worst track tires, and the other way around. Soft suspension is better in the woods, but may bottom too easily on the track. As I said, ride and and then use mods to address and improve specific problems you encounter in your experience. What specifically would you like it to do better? traction? suspension? low end? top end? stability? cornering? Often an improvement is one area is at the expense of another area, and this is important. When you come to message board asking for general modifications, its like going to congress - Everybody is willing to be very loose in spending somebody else's money!!!

short4stuff
08-08-2003, 10:08 AM
Ya I agree with what TimSR said about the oppsite tires/ pipe thing.

You almost need another trike or you will have to deal with the "crappy tires" in the woods. Or do alot of swaping!