PDA

View Full Version : what would be my best options motor work or swap? (110cc)

oscarmayer
11-08-2009, 10:00 PM
I know it's not a trike, but I'm thinking of using an old skewl trike motor.

My son has a chinese quad with 110cc honda style motor. it's fully auto with electric start! here's my questions. He does not have enough low end grunt. he's starting to power power it and is trying to slide it around croners and stuff easier. (yea he's only 6) but it jsut doesn;t have the power. my thoughts were. if this is a honda style motor, can't I jsut use some 110 performance parts on it? or swap in performance 110 honda parts? I want to give him more grint so he cna have more fun. we are getting to the point once I do this and he's push the bike as far as it can go, it'll be time to get him into a names brand with more performacne and get him racing. ;) so yea My son will soon be racing quads.
anyway, thanks in advance.

The Goat
11-08-2009, 10:06 PM
piranha 160! I got a guy who can get you the whole chebang for CHEAP

86trizinger
11-08-2009, 10:09 PM
My sons old chinese 110 atv had the same issues.. He has a TRX90 now and it will slide with ease now. I think a semi Auto lifan 125cc would be a great improvement..

But the pit bike upgrade parts work as well. Exhaust and air filter will help start.. Plus some carb adjusting on them seem to work as well.. Check some pitbike forums and they have tons of info.

MonroeMike
11-08-2009, 10:13 PM
Have you thought about going down a tooth on the front sprocket?

oscarmayer
11-08-2009, 10:27 PM
i thought about gearing, but not sure if there's gears for it. I'll have to do a lot of hunting for them as they are kinda weird setup.

yea i'm thinking about a filter and exhaust.

how much goat? sounds liek that could be a decent winner. is it a auto or semi auto? my son doesn't know how to use a clutch as he's only 6.

The Goat
11-08-2009, 10:32 PM
oh I think it was around 500 for the whole shebang... manual clutch though. but more HP than a 200x.

You might wanna look at dratv they have the new 125 autos coming out soon.

MonroeMike
11-08-2009, 11:06 PM
i thought about gearing, but not sure if there's gears for it. I'll have to do a lot of hunting for them as they are kinda weird setup.

Not sure what brand yours is, but they sell front sprockets here.

http://www.highrpmracer.com/chinese-atv-parts-c-145.html

There's a bunch on ebay too.

Vealmonkey
11-09-2009, 06:04 AM
You may want to seriously think about getting him a honda trx90 quad. There are alot more options performance wise for him than on that chinese quad. You can get engine mods and suspension mods and it seems like just more modding options that may benefit him in the long run especially if he is going to be racing.

The Goat
11-09-2009, 01:16 PM
I have a trx90 roller... Used part market is unfortunately nearly non existent....

Vealmonkey
11-09-2009, 01:34 PM
And here is something you may want to keep in mind, the pitbike engines are all based off the honda z50, atc70 sized engines. Regular honda atc110 parts will not fit in there. They are 2 different engines.

86trizinger
11-09-2009, 01:46 PM
I didn't even think about the TRX 90.. My son loves it.. We didn't do much for it at all to be better then his chinese 110. All we did was open the air box lid. Disconnect the rev limiter, adjusted the carb, new rear tires and wheel spacers.. I get on it and have a blast.. Not much suspension stock for big jumping for a couple feet my son has no problem.

thacker82
05-27-2011, 02:57 PM
I know it's not a trike, but I'm thinking of using an old skewl trike motor.

My son has a chinese quad with 110cc honda style motor. it's fully auto with electric start! here's my questions. He does not have enough low end grunt. he's starting to power power it and is trying to slide it around croners and stuff easier. (yea he's only 6) but it jsut doesn;t have the power. my thoughts were. if this is a honda style motor, can't I jsut use some 110 performance parts on it? or swap in performance 110 honda parts? I want to give him more grint so he cna have more fun. we are getting to the point once I do this and he's push the bike as far as it can go, it'll be time to get him into a names brand with more performacne and get him racing. ;) so yea My son will soon be racing quads.
anyway, thanks in advance.

I don't know if your still messing with these youth quads but I ran across this thread and I thought it might help some of the riders that have kids that have quads that they are trying to get more power out of. First of all if you have a 50cc,110cc, 125cc Chinese quad that your trying to get more power out of you can use the performance upgrades that are made for the Honda TRX-90 Quad. I bought my little girl a 110 cc Tao-Tao Mini Eagle ATV for her Birthday last year. The first thing I did was take everything apart and Loc-Tite the trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro out of it. I ended up putting the following mods on her quad and I haven't had a problem what so ever out of it and it has walked all over every TRX-90 that shes come up against.

FMF Power Core 4 (Head Pipe and Silencer) for Yamaha YMF-80 Raptor.
NGK Iridium Spark Plug.
VM-26, 26mm Mikuni Round Slide Carburetor (with DG 75 Main and 32.5 Pilot jets).
Mikuni Super Flow 26mm Port and Polished Intake.
Qualex Custom 1/4" Intake Spacer.
SKY 12pt Carb Intake adapter plate.
Yamaha YMF-50 Air Box with EHS Outerwears Lid.
UNI Hi-Flow Air Filter.
Hot Shot TRX-90 Rev Box.
ada's Billet Aluminum Cool Head Cover.