PDA

View Full Version : tri z or 84 t3?

code200k
11-08-2009, 04:36 PM
both of these run.the z needs probaly a fuel pump to run good.the t3 needs nothing to ride.bout of them the guys want 500 obo.im a yamaha guy till death but i wouldnt mind a t3 dont really like this gen though.i cant decide..i want something i can ride in my trails and not have to worry bout breaking down.i also want to be able to find parts easy and cheap..and no im not getting a honda lol

dcreel
11-08-2009, 04:42 PM
That is a very clean Tecate and really good price for it. I'd say get the Tecate but I am a bit biased. :lol: As far as reliability goes my 84 has been running on the same bore for over 20 years.

code200k
11-08-2009, 04:50 PM
That is a very clean Tecate and really good price for it. I'd say get the Tecate but I am a bit biased. :lol: As far as reliability goes my 84 has been running on the same bore for over 20 years.

i was talking more about the stators and such

fabiodriven
11-08-2009, 05:30 PM
Dude, for 500 each I'd buy them both. If you're just going to get one, get the Tecate. Those are both scorching deals.

code200k
11-08-2009, 05:31 PM
i only have enought cash for one

eyecekold1
11-08-2009, 05:33 PM
I'm a tecate guy but your right about the flywheels they are a weak link, the swing arm is short and makes the bike a challenge to ride. Also the jug is nikasil so it costs money to rebuilt. Tecate is faster (stock to stock) and a lot of the kx dirt bike parts swap over (people like the jug 83-84 and ignition83-86). The big radiator is a huge plus it keeps the bike cool even in the extreme heat and extreme riding.
The tri-z rear shocks were not the best and the fuel pumps were also not the best. the crank rods have been known to bend. You can get aftermarket parts like cool head, big bore kit, water pump and clutch baskets from cory sprock for a good price.
Which ever one you pick im sure someone on the board will be happy to snatch the other one if you want to give out the contact info after you have made your choice.

mike from long island
11-08-2009, 05:35 PM
Say get the tecate.Ill send ya $500 for the Tri-Z.And you can hold it for me.Until I have time to get it.You can even ride it!! LOL

techmaster330
11-08-2009, 05:42 PM
Say get the tecate.Ill send ya $500 for the Tri-Z.And you can hold it for me.Until I have time to get it.You can even ride it!! LOL

Man you beat me to it by 3 minutes haha

ATC-Eric
11-08-2009, 05:48 PM

/\ What he said! /\ lol

Anybody coming from New York to Missouri anytime soon? :beer

My opinion will be biased, because I have a bunch of Z's and no 1st gen tecates. So I will just tell you that things will break down on both machines, at some point or another.

If you need any parts if you get the Z, hit me up, I gots everything you could ever need. Used or rebuilt fuel pumps, ect.

Good luck, and make sure you at least pull the trigger on one of them today!

Eric

code200k
11-08-2009, 11:03 PM
thing is i only got room for one barely now as is..i gotta get rid of the 200k with in a week of getting a new trike.i have been trying to get the z since oct now but since i dont have a truck ive been working around my dads scheduale which sucks!!!i will deff have it fig out by the end of the week.and whatever one i dont get ill send whoever wants the trike the sellers info via pm..also if i get the t3,mike there is a couple other people around me that might hold the z for ya

honda_atc200es
11-08-2009, 11:20 PM
I was just looking at those bikes, buy em up, they need to go to someone from the 3ww community =]

code200k
11-08-2009, 11:24 PM
I was just looking at those bikes, buy em up, they need to go to someone from the 3ww community =]

shh only the t3 is open to the public...the z i got an email about

mike from long island
11-09-2009, 08:45 AM
Hey I appreciate the offer on holding the Z.I just dont have the time to come up anytime soon.Plus I have 2 Z and dont need to be greedy!! I would say get the Z honestly. But again the Tecate is nice too..It is a hard choice thats for sure..Good luck with the decision.