PDA

View Full Version : Stator

doomanmxz99
11-08-2009, 04:24 AM
Hey guys took my flywheel off today to get at the stator. has bad coil. Anyways I noticed I do not have the woodruff key??? Just bought the machine so this is my first time in it. so how bad is it that its missing??? I am sure I can find one that will work do I need to set anything or just put in and go???? Let me know Thanks

eyecekold1
11-08-2009, 04:31 AM
You 100% sure that you have a bad coil? If the woodruff key (timing key) is gone then you wont ever get you bike to run. You will get spark but not when you need it. I would put a new key in. Make sure the groove in your flywheel goes over the key smoothly (sometimes the key will get pushed out of place). Bolt everything back together and see what happens.
BTW what bike do you have? Timing is different from model to model and make to make.

85Tecate
11-08-2009, 08:21 AM
Yeah im sure its not the coil thats the problem here. No woodruff key = No spark at the correct time

Replace the key and retry. No there is nothing you have to set.

doomanmxz99
11-08-2009, 12:13 PM
I have a 83 185s and I dont have any spark at all. i looked all over after I noticed it wasnt there but could not find. Just looked again still nothing. I will get one and retry then get back at you. Thanks.