PDA

View Full Version : stained fenders

4cfed
11-07-2009, 10:11 PM
i put my original white rear fenders back on tonight ( my bmx bike fell out of the rafters in the garage and broke the ones i painted black)

anyways my white rears are stained.. not mud stains.. im not sure what it is but they were this way when i got it.. i have tryed a red scotch bright pad by its self, with orange degreeser, and laquier thinniner and nothing will get the stains out... any ideas???

MudBug
11-07-2009, 10:39 PM
Ive heard that "Comet" works

4cfed
11-07-2009, 10:45 PM
Ive heard that "Comet" works

comet??? like as in 'scouring' pwder.. like cleaning sinks..

RudeDog666
11-07-2009, 10:48 PM
I've also heard Comet works. I've also heard sitting them outside will sun bleach them clean.

RudeDog666
11-07-2009, 10:49 PM
comet??? like as in 'scouring' pwder.. like cleaning sinks..

Exactly...

Macs
11-07-2009, 10:56 PM
i spray my fenders with silicone before riding to keep this from happening.

MudBug
11-07-2009, 10:57 PM
Ive never had any white plastic to test it on myself, but Ive heard it a few times. Comet comes in a dark green can

4cfed
11-07-2009, 11:02 PM
yeah i know what comet is.. just never herd of it working to clean fenders... i even tryed miquires plast x cleaner... hell if the laquer thinner and scotch pad didnt clean them i doubt comet will...

if i could get them to come clean i would use race glaze on them to keep them front picking up anything that could stain them. the laquier thinner got the mud stains out just not the un known black stains so i know its not from paint or oil/ grease

leevarnado
11-08-2009, 12:08 AM
some good ole sanding will make them clean.start with course grit and work your way up to 1200 rit.

dirt_19
11-08-2009, 12:17 AM
i know comet work great at getting ride of stain on concrete basically dump it on the stain let sit till it rains and it will wash of with the rain once works on light stains 2-3 for heavy stains i do the same thing in my garage soi might work on grease or oil stains on plastic

4cfed
11-08-2009, 12:43 AM
some good ole sanding will make them clean.start with course grit and work your way up to 1200 rit.

thats about the only option i have left... next to buying new ones..

i figured id try the laquir thinner before the 10 step sanding process lol

Vealmonkey
11-08-2009, 04:46 AM
Have you tried bleach? I know on badly stained white fenders a member on here put mostly bleach and a little water into a weed sprayer (After it had been thoroughly rinsed out) and sprayed the combo on his fenders and tank on a bw200 and he said it whitened them considerably.

Jonpin
11-08-2009, 05:35 AM
Ive never had any white plastic to test it on myself, but Ive heard it a few times. Comet comes in a dark green can

sury for off topic but just noticed your pic trailer park boys fricken rules.

ovhonda1
11-08-2009, 12:13 PM
soft scrub with bleach. Doesn't scratch and cleans well.

blue27
11-08-2009, 12:18 PM
soft scrub with bleach. Doesn't scratch and cleans well.

X2 this is what I use but you will bleach your clothes also if you get it on you

MudBug
11-08-2009, 12:19 PM
sury for off topic but just noticed your pic trailer park boys fricken rules.

:lol: my favorite show! BTW, try the bleach!

4cfed
11-08-2009, 01:09 PM
ok thanks guys.. ill have to run to the store and pick some up this week ( dont keep bleach in the house for some reason)

if it works great!! if not sanding time it is

mike1979
11-08-2009, 02:13 PM
I read that Softscrub works well

mrjackfrenkobs
03-29-2010, 02:11 PM
Clavamox is stable in the presence of gastric acid and is not significantly influenced by gastric or intestinal contents. The 2 components are rapidly absorbed resulting in amoxicillin and clavulanic acid concentrations in clavamox dosage dog (http://clavamox.agilityhoster.com/items/clavamox-dosage-dog.html), urine, and tissues similar to those produced when each is administered alone. Amoxicillin and clavulanic acid diffuse readily into most body tissues and fluids with the exception of brain and spinal fluid, which amoxicillin penetrates adequately when meninges are inflamed. Most of the amoxicillin is clavamox canine (http://clavamox.agilityhoster.com/items/clavamox-canine.html) excreted unchanged in the urine. Clavulanic acid’s penetration into spinal fluid is unknown at this time. Approximately 15% of the administered dose of clavulanic acid is excreted in the urine within the first 6 hours. Clavamox combines the clavamox and storage (http://clavamox.agilityhoster.com/items/clavamox-and-storage.html) distinctive properties of a broad-spectrum antibiotic and a ?-lactamase inhibitor to effectively extend the antibacterial spectrum of amoxicillin to include ?-lactamaseproducing as well as non-?-lactamase-producing aerobic and anaerobic organisms. The susceptibility of these organisms has also been demonstrated in why give cats clavamox (http://clavamox.agilityhoster.com/items/why-give-cats-clavamox.html), vivo studies. Studies have demonstrated that both aerobic and anaerobic flora are isolated from gingival cultures of dogs with clinical evidence of peridontal disease. Both gram-positive and gram-negative aerobic and clavamox 62.5mg (http://clavamox.agilityhoster.com/items/clavamox-62.5mg.html), isolates indicate sensitivity to amoxicillin/ clavulanic acid during antimicrobial susceptibility testing.

Jonpin
03-29-2010, 03:07 PM
What is that? someone needs to hunt spammers down and do something to them something badly deserved.

MudBug
03-29-2010, 03:15 PM
Clavamox is stable in the presence of gastric acid and is not significantly influenced by gastric or intestinal contents. The 2 components are rapidly absorbed resulting in amoxicillin and clavulanic acid concentrations...

yeah :lol: that'll fix your fenders! :D :crazy:

fire1
03-29-2010, 03:20 PM
also try some mothers metal polish. i know its for metal but does wonders on plastics

aldochina
03-29-2010, 10:01 PM
i just did my white trx fenders with the softscrub with bleach, and a fine heavily worn schotchbrite pad, then i hit them with some magic erasers.. came out pretty dang good!!

Walkerallen
03-29-2010, 10:21 PM
get double 00 steel wool and start scrubbing. i had to do this to my dx when i bought it. it works great, but its time consuming

honda200x1987
03-29-2010, 10:50 PM
I use this stuff to get out stains on a white fender. This works really well and takes out mud stains instantly. I use it to remove dirt stains underneath the fender and it completly romoved all of it. Great product! You can get it at any auto parts store..http://cgi.ebay.com/Meguiars-PlastX-Plastic-Cleaner-10-oz_W0QQitemZ370255031974QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_Defa ultDomain_0?hash=item5634eb6ea6

honda200x1987
03-29-2010, 10:56 PM
You may have to wet sand with 2000 grit sand paper then polish it up with a "RANDOM ORBITAL BUFFER" for a few hours. I can make a fender look brand new and super shiny.. here is a pcture of my work..This in the only way to make them new again.