PDA

View Full Version : Holy Tecate

svtkeith
11-07-2009, 07:16 PM
I just got my 85 running today and its scary fast. That twist throttle is no joke!
What would be the reason why it pulls to one side when I get on it? Big thanks to jeswinehart, eyecekold1 and magicjames for the parts.

MonroeMike
11-07-2009, 07:25 PM
Start by checking the tire pressure.

85Tecate
11-07-2009, 07:26 PM
Make sure the forks arent bent, make sure theyre not higher on one side than the other, defiantley check tire pressure first....After that i would check frame/swinger for bends. Mine pulled to the right hard also, ends up my frame and swinger was bent. :(

svtkeith
11-08-2009, 12:39 AM
Ok, hope its just the tire pressure. I did just air them up and didnt pay close attention to the psi for I was to anxious to ride it.

eyecekold1
11-08-2009, 01:10 AM
Glad to hear it runs. Yea 9 times out of 10 its air pressure and its really noticeable on paved roads. The tires need to be at the exact same psi to drive straight.

svtkeith
11-08-2009, 01:22 AM
Glad to hear it runs. Yea 9 times out of 10 its air pressure and its really noticeable on paved roads. The tires need to be at the exact same psi to drive straight.

Yea, good thing you sent 2 of each, Had to play around to find the right combo that worked! Paved road was exactly where I test drove it. So tomorrow I will check those tires. Thanks again

Tri king
11-08-2009, 03:11 AM
here s my edu-ma-cated guess. 9.5 times out of 10.5 it's going to be air pressure but from my experience not all tires hold air the same way.
you "might could" have a ghetto rigged tire with a tube on one side and not the other.
it could be old or defective whatever the case is if the 10 psi air pressure on both sides doesnt work. try the check and adjust method. so if it leans left you could add more air to the left rear or take away some from the right rear. or it could just be the damn forks:D

and yes i have ghetto rigged a tire or two in my time. i dont like it but some times you just need air in a tire :D

nd4speed
11-08-2009, 03:15 PM
When my friend experienced a pull to one side on his quad (I predicted to the right before I rode it), turned out to be bad swingarm bearings. I told him it was either axle or swingarm bearings or both. Pulls to the right cause of the angle created when the chain is torqued tight.