PDA

View Full Version : Built for Speed

250r83
08-07-2003, 11:00 AM
Hey, now here you go. Pure racing machine. No need for suspension, it will hinder the cornering. Go cart style brakes, who needs to stop anyway, im here to race. Lights, great for those 24 Lamans type of races that go into the night. Electric start, comes in handy during pit stops if you stall out. Oooohhhh... no need for a brand name such as Honda or Kawi, this is a pure "Agway". All kidding aside, figured this machine was pretty funny, picked it up for a song and it runs great. Have never seen one before but my brother said he actually had one a while back. Machine had new tires all around so it was worth what I paid. Anyone ever seen one of these???

Scott

bakeban
08-07-2003, 11:02 AM
WTF that is sooo ugly that it is cool :D

250r83
08-07-2003, 11:10 AM
You laugh, but I think I broke the 25 mph barrier with it today. :oops: It is really funny, it sounds just like a go-cart. It uses a belt clutch like a snowmobile then to a chain. 351cc enging, oh the power..... I have one cc more than all of those 350x's, bring em on.

Scott

mkramm
08-07-2003, 12:28 PM
See what happens when you all park the 110 next to the snow mobile. They have little ugly snow-mo110's!!! If you have to put them next to each other at least cover one of them up:) Just kidding, looks...well ugly...er cool i mean.

Manny55
08-07-2003, 12:34 PM
What a POS

TimSr
08-07-2003, 12:49 PM
That thing looks like its in REALLY good shape! Ive never heard of such a beast. Must be really rare. Is the front fender broken at the bottom? Looks like a Briggs lawmower type motor? Usually those off the wall lawnmower type knockoffs look real choppy, but this one looks more like Japenese styling to it, like any other unsuspended model. I wonder if the rack was original, or added. Thats a great find, and looks like a blast to ride! Also neat in that nobody else has one!

esoltve
08-07-2003, 01:00 PM
Its a Manco. Looks just like the 305 and 310 I have but mine have Cenex lables instead of Agway. the 305 has 240ish ccs and the 310 I have is 351cc. Good cheap Trikes for short trips and yard work(or taking out your aggressions)

esoltve
08-07-2003, 01:08 PM
Manco mass produced a bunch for Gas Stations, Coops, and hardware stores. All of them are the same color and carry the same stripes(Rustler, 310, 305, silver, gray etc), the only thing that is different at all between them is where the Agway sticker is , there may be a Cenex, Ace Hardware, or whatever else they made them for. If you want I have a parts break down and schematic for a 310 at home. I e-mailed Manco several times and one of the workers in the office took it upon herself to go back in the files and find the parts breakdown I was looking for. Most of the replacement parts are still available and are still used in some of their Go-Karts.

250r83
08-07-2003, 01:23 PM
Esoltve, thanks for the info, I knew that is was built by Manco because they have a sticker, mine is the 310 version. I do need a rear brake cable for it, any idea where to get it? Post some pictures of yours.

Yeah, the front fender is broken, it was broken on the front so I turned it around to look better. It is a briggs 10hp moter. The rear rack seems original because it lines up perfect to the footpegs and the rear grab bar.

Mkramm, thanks for letting me know how this machine came about, I'll be carful in the future, hehe.

Manny55, thanks for the compliment. :-P

Anybody up for a trade for their R?

Scott

HemiChallenger71
08-07-2003, 11:10 PM
That's cool how much you give for her??? It looks like a good beater trike for work and to let the kids ride.

YTZ250#1
08-07-2003, 11:37 PM
I seen one very similer to that at the local fair.the go kart dealer there
wanted $425 for it,but I think it was a smaller model(305)there were no stickers or racks.I had to pass on the deal,my wife was with me.

250r83
08-08-2003, 05:37 PM
I got it for $100 bucks. It has three brand new tires too. I can't complain. One of those, the guy had it sitting next to his shed. My brother bought a Big Red from him for $50 bucks, it had some cracked fork supports that we welded up and it ran fine. Just wish the guy had a 350x, he probably would have sold that for $125 :rolleyes: Oh well, every now and then everyone finds a deal. I don't thing I would have paid $425 though. Oh bonus, got the lights working today, hehe.

Scott

Trikeaholic
08-08-2003, 05:56 PM
i saw one of those with "ford motorcaft" decals on it, on ebay, said it was a ford dealer promo thing back in the 70's

REDMAN225
08-08-2003, 08:18 PM
cool..at it to the archives.

groundfly
08-08-2003, 10:30 PM
Well, im no expert, but all i wanna know is where you obtained the super deluxe orange homing beacon that mounts on the side of the motor. Is that gps compatible. lol :-D

250r83
08-09-2003, 07:04 AM
I was wondering what that was for, didn't know this machine was so high tech.

Howdy
08-09-2003, 07:29 AM
I actally like it. I know where there is ( or was ) 2 simular to this. They were different color and were in bad shape ( motors missing, ect ).

If you want I have a parts break down and schematic for a 310 at home.
I am interested in a copy. Please contact me via email.
Howdy

ATC crazy
08-09-2003, 11:22 AM
That thing is wierd..but pretty cool. 8)

250r83
08-31-2003, 10:03 PM
Well, got rid of the Rustler today, always sad sending a wheeler on it's way. Traded it for a Yerf-dog pup for my 2 1/2 year old. The power wheels were not cutting it for him, the go cart will do 7mph and he drives it like a champ, couldn't believe it. Great bonus to this story, the guy I traded it too had never had or driven a three wheeler, let the corruption begin, you should have seen his face driving it around, he was having a blast. Oh, and for the newbie, I had even gotten the electric start working for him beforehand, :? . Well it was a fun machine while it lasted. Funny thing is, it so remined me of an old golf cart(polaris cyclone) that had the belt drive system, IT SUCKED. No quick response like a real machine. Not sure if anyone has driven the new polaris', do they respond nice when gassed?

Scott