PDA

View Full Version : Logic Question about Exhaust Pipes

MagicJames
11-03-2009, 03:17 PM
If this is a dumb question just let me know, but I am trying to think and it is not working out the best for me.

I have a PT Hi-Rev pipe for my 250R and its awesome up top, but lacks everywhere else. I want to put a big bore sleeve in my R but i am having a problem thinking about how the exhaust should work.

If i have a 295 sleeve in my R, and i run the PT Hi-Rev pipe, would i get more mid range? I'm trying to think of the output of air, and at lesser RPM's with a bigger bore = more displacement, so would my PT Hi-Rev pipe be better all around?

What about a low end pipe in the same aspect?

If I run my PT-5 pipe with a big bore kit, am i going to lose some mid range, but have enough low end power to pull unborn babies out of fetuses?

Let me know what your thoughts are and tell me if I'm just crazy.

AutoXer
11-03-2009, 03:29 PM
It is a dumb question a bore on a stock cylinder gains so little .... a true big bore is 330 that would change the power but in the end a hi rev pipe is just that a high rev pipe ..... so if you want to have more mid range power get a mid range pipe....

Russell 350X
11-03-2009, 08:42 PM
If you want more low and mid, change your pipe to a mid-range pipe, and maybe a different set of reeds. A PT High Rev pipe is just that, a high rev pipe.

4cfed
11-03-2009, 08:57 PM
could always run v force 3 reeds... it will help even more with throttle responce/ revving..... what about gettin the cyl ported?? a good porter should be able to port it to your needs, to gain some mid rainge

Mosh
11-03-2009, 09:37 PM
Dude, you need a ESR atc 5 pipe on stock bore or bigbore, or FMF fatty on a stock bore unported / slight ported 250cc.
The FMF on a stock machine gives nice low to mid grunt with some top end.
The midrange is sick on the ESR atc 5 pipe..And with a big bore and hi compression set-up, you should have all the low end you need, but yet, the mid and top end is just rediculous on those pipes.
I wish I could put my wifes ESR on my ported 250R..
Hers runs as hard as mine in the midrange, and she is stock with a 36 mil carb.
Mine has significant changes to the jug and a PWK 38 mil with a FMF fatty.
But yet hers will pull just as hard as mine,basically stock. Just not as hard on the low end.

JohnR.
11-03-2009, 11:32 PM
I've always been happy with the overall power my PTR Hi Rev made. I used to ride mine in the woods all the time with that pipe and just some basic bolt-ons without any issues.

John

MagicJames
11-04-2009, 09:46 AM
My problem is that when i run the PT Hi Rev, my front tire hits the pipe and now it looks like trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro.

JohnR.
11-04-2009, 07:26 PM
Mine only did it when I had the bike slammed for the ice and I would catch a big bump like when you'd overshoot a turn and jump the berm. I fixed it by going to a 22" tire.