PDA

View Full Version : bike runs great but I cant use the choke

Zach
11-02-2009, 10:42 AM
I cleaned the carb on my 200m and put everything back together and she just purrs. The only problem is I cant use the choke. Even when its cold you can turn on the choke and get it to pop but it wont run unless the choke is turned off. Did i do something wrong when I put the carb back together? Is there just something that needs to be adjusted? Its getting colder out it would be cool to have a choke so I can warm the bike up before I go ride it. Where did I screw up?

85Tecate
11-02-2009, 02:06 PM
Question. Why do you HAVE to have choke. If its starting fine without choke, then theres no need to use it...

Zach
11-02-2009, 05:45 PM
i can get it to run by feathering the throttle until it starts getting a little warm and will run without my thumb keeping pressure on it. Its not completely necessary but it would be nice to have it working. I have alot of time to play with it so if it was as simple as taking off the carb and making a slight adjustment I would like to make it work right. I love bringing this machine back from the dead!

K87_250ES
11-02-2009, 06:27 PM
The choke restricts air through the carb to richen the mixture for cold idle. Maybe the float level is too high or the idle mix screw is too far out allowing extra fuel flow and when you use the choke it doesn't have enough air for the amount of fuel it is getting.

drhatc200
11-02-2009, 07:15 PM
ok since we are on carb topic not to but in another thread but on 84 250r ive got gas pouring out of a little tube on side of carb toward bottom where the bowl bolts to the carb.and like already said if its starting without i think that would be a good thing