PDA

View Full Version : tecate help needed quick please

rasorroad250r
10-31-2009, 08:42 PM
Can somebody please tell me the stock length of an 84 tecate axle. I need the measurment of the total axle. Very end to very end. I just sold what I believed to be a finishline plus 6. Just want to check to be 100% as I am getting some questions on it. Just want to be right. Thanks for any help here.

rasorroad250r
10-31-2009, 09:13 PM
Looks to be a finishline plus 6 for sure. it is 39 1/2 inches very end to very end. but i would still like to know the stock length anyway. Thanks

85Tecate
10-31-2009, 11:26 PM
Looks to be a finishline plus 6 for sure. it is 39 1/2 inches very end to very end. but i would still like to know the stock length anyway. Thanks

You have a picture of this axle? There was a +6 finish line on ebay yesterday that looked identical to my current axle. Im going to measure it tommorow and see if maybe ive got something i didnt know about!

I emailed the guy about the length and he didnt respond, was it you? :D

It is you! rr250r is the ebay memeber. From the looks of that axle you sold, it didnt look any wider on that machine than my axle does on mine. So either i have a +6 axle also and didnt know it, or you just sold a stocker to someone whos not going to be very happy!

I would like to see a picture of a STOCK axle setup on a 85 t3....Mine and the +6 he sold both has double nuts on the brake side of the axle. I will measure mine tommorow and let you know what i find out.

rasorroad250r
11-01-2009, 01:11 AM
Yeah, it was mine. i was told it was a plus 6 finishline when i bought the bike and it sure looks wide to me. it is also pretty light. It does run the double nut set up. i have already contacted the buyer making him aware of the confusion. I have one person here saying stock is 39 1/2 inches and have another thread i found on here saying stock is 34 inches. I found a thread on here showing some different rear ends on some tecates and mine looks as wide as his extended one. I would like a bit more input. I have one that says it's stock and one that says it isn't. Thanks for the help everyone.

rasorroad250r
11-01-2009, 11:56 AM
That is helpful! Thanks. That picture clearly shows 34.

85Tecate
11-01-2009, 01:30 PM
I would like to see a picture of a STOCK axle setup on a 85 t3....Mine and the +6 he sold both has double nuts on the brake side of the axle. I will measure mine tommorow and let you know what i find out.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by 85Tecate : 7 Hours Ago at 01:38 AM

Well it ain't on my T-3 but I snapped off a couple of more.

john

Thanks alot John. You should sell me that carrier. Im in the market for one :D