PDA

View Full Version : Tri-z Water Pump Part?

Just-Tri-It
10-31-2009, 03:53 PM
On the inside of the water pump in a shaft cylinder with a rubber grummet on it? What is the purpose of this of this tubing and grummet and why doesn't it show up on the parts list at this site

http://www.boats.net/_search/images/parts_yamaha/62/01/0206/0010.png

I assume oil travels through it but am not certain. The old grummet is about gone and don't know where I can get another one.
Thanks for any help.

Also the kicker gear is dragging or hanging when you press it and stays in downward position until you lift it a little with your toe. So I thought I slip that gear assembly out and check the clip. Does the whole unit just slide out with a little pulling pressure or does something hold it in place in the casing?

Bryan Raffa
10-31-2009, 08:45 PM
what is that? thats NOT right!

Just-Tri-It
11-01-2009, 08:36 AM
I don't know if anything goes through it after all. There's no where in the cover for a return that I can see. My 86 doesn't have the pipe piece but has a groove cut in it like it might have.

Thanks

Yamahondaman
11-01-2009, 09:51 AM
looks like one of those sleeves from the swinger front stuck in there .. why ?

Just-Tri-It
11-01-2009, 10:01 AM

I don't know but I'm going to take it out unless someone knows why it would have been placed in there, and with a rubber grummet on the engine side.

TimSr
11-01-2009, 10:07 AM
LOL! Thats a swingarm bushing pin stuck in there!

Mosh
11-01-2009, 10:09 AM
That is where the Powervalve stuff goes on the YZ engine.
I wonder if you have the YZ bottom end and someone removed the PV shaft and thought they should put that sleeve in there..

It shouldnt be there..Take it out

Does this Z have working lights?

And yeah,that is a swinger bushing sleeve.

Just-Tri-It
11-01-2009, 05:53 PM
That is where the Powervalve stuff goes on the YZ engine.
I wonder if you have the YZ bottom end and someone removed the PV shaft and thought they should put that sleeve in there..

It shouldnt be there..Take it out

Does this Z have working lights?

And yeah,that is a swinger bushing sleeve.

The headlights work. This is an old parts bike I bought and trying to salvage the bike. It ran but the clutch was gone brakes gone but can be made a trail runner with little effort.
How that part got in there I have no idea but it's not going back in there. That's as bout as funny as a screen door on a submarine. Lucky it even runs at all.
Thanks for the help.

sheeptender

Mosh
11-01-2009, 06:04 PM
Ok, if the lights work, then chances are that engine is a Z engine,with the lighting flywheel and stator..

The left side of the crank was different for the 83-86 YZ..
It had a smaller flywheel shaft,and wouldnt hold the Z flywheel,to run the lighting system.
I actually used a left side Z crank, and the rod from a YZ, and the right side YZ crank, to make a good crank for the Z, that would run the lights.

How that sleeve got in you engine, is a mystery..To say the least..LOL

Bryan Raffa
11-01-2009, 07:58 PM

Speed secret! :lol: two nights in a row you peepin around..;)