PDA

View Full Version : The R next door

svtkeith
10-31-2009, 03:12 PM
So Im driving home today and happen to look in my next door neighbors back yard and there sits a 86 250r. I see the owner sitting just looking at it so I stop and try and get some info. Turns out he acquired it over a year ago. Never got it running and its been sitting ever since. The bike is decent, the seat needs replacing and plastics are faded. Its got and aftermarket exhaust and west coast? swingarm and a few other goodies. He said he wants 400 bucks for it, but a kid down the street already gave him 80 a few weeks ago and is trying to make payments. I told him i got cash, NOW! Gave him my number, and told him when hes ready to have real cash in hand, call me up. Hope he bites. I currently have 3 projects going right now but whats one more...

dirtface
10-31-2009, 03:14 PM
The Westcoast alone is worth the $400. Hope you are able to get it.:beer

svtkeith
10-31-2009, 03:22 PM
The Westcoast alone is worth the $400. Hope you are able to get it.:beer

Hell yes! Yea I hope so too, hate to see a young kid get it and beat it to death.. It has alot of potential

dirtface
10-31-2009, 03:32 PM
You can't get any pictures of it can you?

85Tecate
10-31-2009, 04:57 PM
Hell yes! Yea I hope so too, hate to see a young kid get it and beat it to death.. It has alot of potential

Thats exactly what will happen too. You should go back and give that guy the sob story of how you would like to take good care of it rather than have some kid buy it and just tear it up.

Trust me, i bought an 85 liquid R earlier this yr and traded it to a kid for a cr125 dirt bike, he tore the plastics and tank off of it and threw them behind his shed and took the damn 3 wheeler to the JUNK YARD! God i was so pissed at him. The engine was perfectly fine......

svtkeith
10-31-2009, 05:52 PM
You can't get any pictures of it can you?

I might be able to walk over and sneak some voyeur shots.

svtkeith
10-31-2009, 05:56 PM
Thats exactly what will happen too. You should go back and give that guy the sob story of how you would like to take good care of it rather than have some kid buy it and just tear it up.

Trust me, i bought an 85 liquid R earlier this yr and traded it to a kid for a cr125 dirt bike, he tore the plastics and tank off of it and threw them behind his shed and took the damn 3 wheeler to the JUNK YARD! God i was so pissed at him. The engine was perfectly fine......

I think tomorrow im just goin to go over there with cash and see what happens

MonroeMike
10-31-2009, 08:09 PM
Good luck.

4cfed
10-31-2009, 09:00 PM
hell for that machine go $50 more than he wants for it... its worth it

ATC250rr
10-31-2009, 09:23 PM
i think u should some of them kids dont have respect

oscarmayer
11-01-2009, 01:31 AM
in for updates?

svtkeith
11-03-2009, 12:37 PM
Well I went over there yesterday and its still there, not covered, raining.. Poor lil buddy. Talked to the guy and he said he still hasnt talked to the kid about me buying it. So I offer the 450 cash and he looks shocked like thats way too much money for the bike. BUT.. He still is hesitant on selling it to me.. Dam guy and his morals.. I will try again in a few days, I want this bike!!

ATCeeya
11-03-2009, 12:53 PM
Hey man your on the right track. definately dont give up! this can be your bike if your persistent enough. show him how badly you want it. tell him it will go to a good home and you really want to start fixing it up. look bummed out if he tells you he cant yet. chat it up with him a bit and even get a little off topic. buddy up some. make it happen, good luck!

svtkeith
11-03-2009, 01:59 PM
Hey man your on the right track. definately dont give up! this can be your bike if your persistent enough. show him how badly you want it. tell him it will go to a good home and you really want to start fixing it up. look bummed out if he tells you he cant yet. chat it up with him a bit and even get a little off topic. buddy up some. make it happen, good luck!

I wont give up and I know where the kid lives that wants to buy it. So if he does sell it to him, I will offer to trade one of my runner ute's and some cash.

Macs
11-03-2009, 02:04 PM
I would go strike a deal with the kid. Obviously he has no money so he will probly jump on it to make a little cash.

plastikosmd
11-03-2009, 02:09 PM
i admire the guy is holding to a deal that he made. if you have ever driven 2 hrs after finding something on CL and then gettin there to find out the guy sold it (and he knew u were coming,) you would understand. if you know the kid..go offer the kid what he has paid thusfar and 50 bucks more or something. then pay the guy even.

svtkeith
11-03-2009, 02:15 PM
I would go strike a deal with the kid. Obviously he has no money so he will probly jump on it to make a little cash.

Its funny you say that, I just drove past the kids house (maybe he would be out side prepping the spray paint cans) and noted the house is for sale, and nobody home. Maybe I should buy the house to expedite his move out of town and away from the R

Dirtcrasher
11-03-2009, 02:40 PM
I'm always here to jump on kids that don't take care of stuff.....

But, it reminds me of when I was a paperboy and I had to SAVE my arse off to order parts COD for my BMX bike (only to have the parents allow the track to close, no one wanted to volunteer...).

The "right" thing to do would be to go see the kid and maybe throw him back 100$ for his 80$ and help him find something more suitable, like a Blaster (if thats what he wants). If you talk to the kid for 10 minutes you'll figure out what he's up to and where you stand.

I feel for the kid if the guy breaks the deal. A deal is a deal!!

harryredtrike
11-03-2009, 03:51 PM
^^^i agree with dirtcrasher make a deal with the kid.

MagicJames
11-03-2009, 03:56 PM
I say, find the kid, convince him that he is gay, and tell him he would really prefer barbie dolls anyway...

Go talk to the kid and see whats up

ATCeeya
11-03-2009, 05:49 PM
id still work on bumping the kid. he is in your way of getting something you HAVE money for while his broke arse is just holding up the show. Sh*t or get off the pot kid! I dont think he deserves a 100 dollar tip for stringing the guy along and letting the R sit out in the rain any longer. If the kid cared he would atleast have brought a tarp over and covered it up until he was able to buy it.

ceaserthethird
11-03-2009, 07:31 PM
Money Talks, If it was me I would give the Kid $100 + his $80 and pay the guy $400 for the 250R

He should bite, if not offer more cash to the kid !

svtkeith
11-03-2009, 08:18 PM
Like your idea magic lol.
Maybe I can print out the accident reports and show his parents..
I will most likely find the kid and throw some money at him, or maybe give him one of my old bikes for free.. I dont care. Just want that bike in my garage!

ceaserthethird
11-03-2009, 08:31 PM
Just give him one of your old bikes, call it a day.

Where are the pictures of this BEAST !

ATCeeya
11-03-2009, 08:46 PM
watch this kid scrape the $ together when he finds out somebody else is interested in "his" bike. hope it works out for ya but id throw that extra $ at the seller rather than the kid. kid would be plan B if the seller doesnt crack when you offer him $ again

yamahaman89
11-03-2009, 09:40 PM
its real simple...the kids had dibs on it first if he backs down then take it....but like said by others go talk to the kid and see what happens

JohnR.
11-03-2009, 10:33 PM
Go rough the kid up and tell him "you've got an offer he can't refuse". :crazy:

John

svtkeith
11-07-2009, 08:57 PM
Ok, so the plot thickens. So my neighbor on the other side of my house sees me riding my tecate around today and comes over to chat. Turns out he is a big trike lover and is the ORIGINAL OWNER of the R next door! He tells me he gave the kid the bike for a blazer and has a TON of money into the bike. Fresh motor/coolie head/west coast swinger. The kid cant get it running cause the bike is set up to run alcohol (if i remember correctly) and so the jetting has to be changed. He says his daughter is good friends with the kid and he will go talk to him and get me the bike!!

MudBug
11-07-2009, 09:07 PM
I think this would make a great book! :lol: I hope you get it. That kid would destroy it, probably get someone to get it running and then just beat it till it blows. 95% of guys my age are like that. The only reason that i'm different is because I would rather work on a bike than beat it up. Hope you get the bike, and show us lots of pics!

svtkeith
11-07-2009, 09:21 PM
I think this would make a great book! :lol: I hope you get it. That kid would destroy it, probably get someone to get it running and then just beat it till it blows. 95% of guys my age are like that. The only reason that i'm different is because I would rather work on a bike than beat it up. Hope you get the bike, and show us lots of pics!

I hear ya on the book part lol. All my friends ask me how "Trike Wars" is going. Should be a reality tv show.
For all that feel bad for the kid that wants it. Dont. I know the kid and know how he operates. Plain and simple, this bike will be destroyed of he gets it.

1985BigRed250ES
11-07-2009, 09:30 PM
I'm young myself. I would love to own an R myself. I dont beat the hell out of them. I know if I do an something major breaks, chances are that I will not have the $$$$ to fix it. I am 23 and hope to own an R by time I'm 25. I have nearly completed the restoration of my 1980 ATC 110. next year the BigRed will be restored. Also I have a 1986 Yamaha YFM 225 that will be restored. Sorry for the rambling. the kid that got the R for the 125 dirtbike, that would piss me off to no end. If that was me I would have beat his @$$ over that one!

Pafrig
11-07-2009, 09:40 PM
Whatever...

laidout2times
11-07-2009, 10:09 PM
thats an awesome deal with the neighbor coming over! Good deal.

I saw a 86 with stock tires in SNJ on craigs a while back. Kid go it from relative and proceded to beat the piss out of a 100% stock aside from a pipe/jetting bike.

Keith: where in jersey are you from? Im right in philly. Grew up in jersey.

svtkeith
11-07-2009, 11:59 PM
thats an awesome deal with the neighbor coming over! Good deal.

I saw a 86 with stock tires in SNJ on craigs a while back. Kid go it from relative and proceded to beat the piss out of a 100% stock aside from a pipe/jetting bike.

Keith: where in jersey are you from? Im right in philly. Grew up in jersey.

This happens all to often but thankfully their are guys like us (3ww) who are there to pick up the pieces, bust knuckles and spend dollars to restore these machines to their original glory.
I am from waretown, its across the bay form long beach island..

svtkeith
11-08-2009, 05:14 PM
Ok so I depart my house for work this morning, hop in my truck, drive slow past the neighbors house with the R in the backyard and... ITS GONE!! There are 2 possible outcomes.
1) The kid got it
2) My other neighbor (original owner) picked it up for me after I spoke with him last night.
Man I hope its #2.

devilman
11-08-2009, 05:31 PM
its got to be #2 man!, you've waited long enough. you can't get off work early to find out? or call your neighbor? it would be pulling at me all day not to know for sure.

svtkeith
11-08-2009, 05:48 PM
its got to be #2 man!, you've waited long enough. you can't get off work early to find out? or call your neighbor? it would be pulling at me all day not to know for sure.

I would love to leave early but I cant. Wont be home till 12:30am and by that time its too late. If my old lady wasnt at the dam aquariaum (stupid whales) i would have her go knock on the dudes door. ..

svtkeith
11-09-2009, 02:07 PM
Well. No new updates, sucks my neighbor and I work opposite schedules cause I dont know if he picked it up for me. Im beginning to have my doubts and hope is fading.. I think all the interest i have shown, and now the original owner contacting him have spooked the kid (buyer) get his stuff together. Hope to have a real answer tonight.

TrailerRider
11-09-2009, 08:02 PM
Good luck man. Maybe it is sitting in your neighbors garage waiting for you.

RudeDog666
11-09-2009, 10:36 PM
This is irritating the hell out of me now, thanks alot!

Write the guy a note and stick it on his door for chrissakes! I need to know! :mad:

mike1979
11-10-2009, 06:58 AM
Well?????!!!????

ThinktwiceZ71
11-10-2009, 03:05 PM
welll ????

ceaserthethird
11-10-2009, 06:05 PM
X owner :shiftyeyes:

RudeDog666
11-10-2009, 08:53 PM
Hmmmmm.....

* *Tapping fingers on desk* *

Anything yet?

Pafrig
11-11-2009, 02:15 AM
this is like a cheesy horror flick. suspence...... over something that should not be so suspencefull.... dun dun dunn..........

this guy
11-11-2009, 04:40 AM
Hope it ends favorably. As a kid i had the opposite problem, I would work my tail off to get a bike, fix it up perfectly.... then like an idiot sell it and regret it forever.

Autophysn
11-11-2009, 06:19 AM
This is the most drama I have read here yet, LOL!

What happened?

svtkeith
11-11-2009, 12:27 PM
Well, nothing yet, havent seen either neighbor due to my crazy hours at work. Im sure I will have an answer this coming saturday (only day off). My old lady refuses to go next door and talk to the dude when he gets off work because im apparently "obsessed"
I am in trike purgatory and it sucks..

keister
11-11-2009, 12:40 PM
My old lady refuses to go next door and talk to the dude when he gets off work because im apparently "obsessed"

HaHa! Aren't we all?! Good luck with this one.

3or4wheels
11-11-2009, 01:12 PM
I can´t till Saturday,no way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mudbogger
11-11-2009, 09:37 PM
Were you ride Keith?I am from Somerville area-Go to Goerges place still?Tuckerton railroad?:naughty:

svtkeith
11-11-2009, 11:53 PM
Were you ride Keith?I am from Somerville area-Go to Goerges place still?Tuckerton railroad?:naughty:

I live in waretown, of course I ride at georges. Tuckerton railroad is alot a nice spot.

mike1979
11-12-2009, 03:52 AM
Tell her not to come home until she has an answer for you LOL

RudeDog666
11-12-2009, 05:57 AM

Good idea! Change the subject to get our minds off of it. . . . . . . . . .

O.K. My minds back on it. :p

Autophysn
11-13-2009, 03:01 AM
Alright dude, give me this guys phone number, I will call him, the suspense is killing me!!!!!!!LOL!

ceaserthethird
11-13-2009, 01:02 PM
I'm calling this thread BS, No Proof...

johnny's X
11-13-2009, 01:10 PM
iam with ceaserthethird. X owner

svtkeith
11-13-2009, 01:23 PM

Man, the jig is up... and I would of got away with it if it wasn't for your medellin kids.

I assure you that it is not "BS", whats so hard to believe? I could see if this was the "Tiger 500 Next Door" or the "87 R next door" but its just an 86, with a few tasteful mods that happens to live 50 ft away, and this is a story of my struggle to own it. Thanks for dropping in buddy. :welcome:

svtkeith
11-13-2009, 01:24 PM

See above post. Thanks

racerxxx
11-13-2009, 07:02 PM

Relax Scoob, have a snack. Lets let Old Man Winters play it out.:lol: It's killing me too, but that's the best part.

svtkeith
11-13-2009, 08:30 PM
I hope the kid got or gets it....not every kid beats the crap out of thier stuff and he was first in line.

Very true, however not the case for this kid.

In other news, tomorrow is the big day, I finally have off and will be seeking some dam answers! Next time I post up it will be with pics (I Hope). If the kid has it, im going over his house armed with cash, a tecate and some beer (for his dad) and were gona talk.

RudeDog666
11-13-2009, 10:12 PM
Very true, however not the case for this kid.
If the kid has it, im going over his house armed with cash, a tecate and some beer (for his dad) and were gonna talk.

GREAT NEWS!

* * * Waiting patiently * * * tapping fingers on desk * * *:p

svtkeith
11-14-2009, 10:01 PM
Ok, so I been building my 350X project all day, (TC, that motor started 1st kick!!) I have been waiting for this kid to get home so I can get the scoop. Havent seen him yet and its getting late. I did however talk to my other neighbor (original owner). I said wtf the kid sold the bike? He says no, he just put in the shed! Good news. He said the cops have been over the kids house a few times this week, dont know why. The original owner wants my yamahauler so I give him the proposition.. Get the kid to sell me the bike and I give you the yamaha. He immediately calls his daughter (friends with the owner) and instructs her to call the kid. He didnt answer, but I can sleep easy knowing this guy will get er done.

Twilight
11-14-2009, 10:03 PM
In Soviet Russia, Keith R you!

Couldnt resist, but good man! Get that trike, then when you see the kid... make him cry, make him sweat, make him regret ever doing anything bad. Then roost a fat one in his face.

=)

Autophysn
11-17-2009, 12:42 AM
TICK TOCK TICK TOCK----aaaahhhhhhh WTF? I am pulling for you dude, I really am, but most importantly, pictures!!!!!!!!!

svtkeith
11-17-2009, 04:29 AM
TICK TOCK TICK TOCK----aaaahhhhhhh WTF? I am pulling for you dude, I really am, but most importantly, pictures!!!!!!!!!

I haven't seen the bike in a while, the owner put it in the shed so no pics. Also working 3pm to 3am doesn't speed anything up. When I do finally get it there will be plenty of pics.

i58829
11-17-2009, 08:44 PM
Man 5 pages and no pics/good news?

Anyway i figured that motor would start in half a kick, you need to give it a little more next time.

I checked for those other parts and i thought i had some spares but i can't seem to find them, i had a couple people help me pack when i moved (and i didn't ask for help) so i'm missing a few boxes of random smaller parts. I'll let you know if i can find them...

svtkeith
11-17-2009, 09:18 PM
Man 5 pages and no pics/good news?

Anyway i figured that motor would start in half a kick, you need to give it a little more next time.

I checked for those other parts and i thought i had some spares but i can't seem to find them, i had a couple people help me pack when i moved (and i didn't ask for help) so i'm missing a few boxes of random smaller parts. I'll let you know if i can find them...

I made the mistake of kicking it with wet sneakers on the other day, foot slipped, and bashed my ankle something feirce.
As for the pics I dont want to creep the kid out by going over his house, and asking to snap a few pics. I dont know, thats just me.

Autophysn
11-18-2009, 12:50 AM
creep him out dude, he may just want to sell it to you on the spot and get rid of you ;) hahahahahaha SCORE!!!!!!!!!!! Just kidding, I hear you

200xbansheeman
11-23-2009, 02:17 PM
well whats the verdict??

cox
11-23-2009, 02:38 PM
lol, ya......

ceaserthethird
11-23-2009, 02:47 PM
This thread is BS, Can't belive you guy's are still keeping a eye
on this thread.

DeePa
11-23-2009, 04:17 PM
team red rider at his finest

johnny's X
11-23-2009, 06:43 PM
team red rider at his finest

bahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Pafrig
11-23-2009, 06:45 PM
Lalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalala

The Punisher
11-23-2009, 07:07 PM
Chill on the post whoring :acr !

Autophysn
11-25-2009, 02:43 AM
on this thread.

dude, seriously? Where you just yanking our chains???? :cry:

svtkeith
11-25-2009, 05:16 AM
dude, seriously? Where you just yanking our chains???? :cry:

No sir, just been real busy with work and our new baby, haven't had the time to go haggle with the guy. I do however have off from now till sunday so let the haggling commence.

svtkeith
11-25-2009, 05:34 AM
on this thread.

Who the hell would make this up? Is it that far fetched? I work 65hrs a week, have one day off, just bought my 1st home, have a new baby girl, an olady who hates the fact I spend my free time in the garage and now I come to one place where there are people like me, who share my love of 3 wheelers and my integrity has been questioned?? I fought in OIF for this? Whatever keep your R rear fender guy, btw I dont even own an R, I was going to start collecting parts in hopes I get this bike next door.

Jim mac
11-25-2009, 10:01 AM
just have patients. Im one of those guys that get something in my head to do something and want it done yesterday. I find a deal on something, I dont care if its 9 oclock at night. Im out the door picking it up. Some folks just arent like that. And to some people, these trikes are just 25 year old stuff taking up space in the garage. Good luck on the trike, post up pics if and hopefully when you get it. Just dont go over there all stary eyed. The kid's going to see dollar signs. jim

Chevy200s
11-25-2009, 10:24 AM
Who the hell would make this up? Is it that far fetched? I work 65hrs a week, have one day off, just bought my 1st home, have a new baby girl, an olady who hates the fact I spend my free time in the garage and now I come to one place where there are people like me, who share my love of 3 wheelers and my integrity has been questioned?? I fought in OIF for this? Whatever keep your R rear fender guy, btw I dont even own an R, I was going to start collecting parts in hopes I get this bike next door.

sounds like you actually have a life and things to do, completely understandable. I hear you man, I just bought a tecate and I'd love to through up pictures of that but I'm remodeling a house and working 50 hours a week and have a fiance that somehow thinks drywall and cabinets are more important than wheelers (crazy I know) and dont have the time. I can't imagine throughing 15 more hours and a new baby into the mix and still comming on here to give an update. Thanks for you service in OIF, good luck with all your projects, and I hope you have good luck with the R

oscarmayer
11-25-2009, 10:41 AM
SVTKEITH,
don't worrie about that guy man, your good. if you knwo your not going to run out and spend $2k+ on a 250r then yea it's a good idea to colloect the parts you know will need to be replaced when you get it.

front and rear fenders
seat
tank
bearings
tires
clutch
front and rear sprockets and chain (get an o-ring setup
shock rebuild kit or good working used rear shock
front shock rebuild kit
master cyclinder resivore
brake hoses
clutch hoses/cable
brake cable/hoses
throttle cables
carb kit w/extra different sized jets
reeds
top end rebuild kit just to be safe.

BTW, I have a 84250r if you wanna come to texas you can have it. YES HAVE IT.
motor and trans trashed, it's basiclaly a roller with working suspension. everythign else is trashed. fenders bad, cables bad, brakes bad, etc. but it's a platform for the right price. I'm holdong onto it to eitehr redo it one day or hand it off to someone whom will do it up.

since the motor is compeltey trashed, you could look at a 300r engine or even something else, ir jsut get a good running 82-84 250r air fooler motor. it'll run good. and then do the rest. engine will run about $400 (i'd take the top end off and redo all the gaskets and a refresh it myself)

anyway, good luck and glad your being pro active!

ceaserthethird
11-25-2009, 01:35 PM
Just post pictures... You havn't been on this site for long
Just don't under stand what we have gone threw!

leviblue
11-25-2009, 08:14 PM
SVTKEITH didn't you just ask me about taking down the 350x ad??? I told you what these guys are like and BSing them and me isn't cool. Like I said to you in a PM don't be one of those guys who lays claim to all and any trikes for sale in Jersey. I would GO OFF but after a few years of not being on the site I'll bite my lip on this but S#IT or get off the pot and show a pic. I won't pull the next ad down. I now expcet a talking to from the justic leauge

mudbogger
11-25-2009, 08:42 PM
I am from Jersey, wheres the trikes?
I was interested in the tecate, I do think it was yours, but the way as I said my offer was used wasn't my cup or tea for sure.
Theres a bunch of trikes for sale in jERSEY, GOT ANY LINKS?pm ME PLEASE WITH THEM, i DON'T WANT TO INCREASE POST WHORING

i58829
11-25-2009, 08:53 PM
Hey guys i'm not saying i've never wanted something on here and wasn't able to come up with the money after emailing the person, but Keith is a class act. With all of the bad news about people getting burned on forums, both buying and selling he's a man of his word.

I can only speak from my deal with him, but i've talked to him several times on the phone, and we worked out a deal that took about 3.5 to 4 weeks and more money than most people spend on the initial cost of their 3 wheeler. These machines have been sitting for 10 to 15 or even 20 years, whats a couple weeks. Who knows maybe he'll end up with it.

I bugged the guy i bought my 'cuda from for 4 months (calling him every 3 or 4 weeks) before he even let me look at it, and it took another 5 months for him to accept my offer. Anyway i usually dont chime in on these type of posts but i can say for certain that Keith is a straight shooter and if he gets the R i'm sure anything he committed to will have a 100% follow up...

Keith when you go over there just take 8 or 9 bucks and start at 600 you'll be pushing it up the sidewalk in about a half hour or so.

Autophysn
11-26-2009, 04:27 AM

okay, I am not a military dude, what is OIF? I am assuming it is one of the wars you are speaking of, by which I have great respect for. I just really wanted all of this to come thru for you, and I am still pulling for you, Hell, Now I am really pulling for you.

P.S._ I think we all caqn relate to the ol lady & house thing, LOL!
Mine is crying for the second bathroom to get done, I am like WTF???? We have one good one!!!!! Now, if they really need to go that bad, they can use the motorhome, LOL!

But on the real note, she is right, she always is, but she lets me have any toys I want, so I put up with it. I just keep saying next weekend dear. My last excuse was , "Well, you bought this 55" LCD and I would like to enjoy some HD honey, so sit down, snuggle up, and lets get our DVR on", LOL!!!!!!!!!
That one actually worked, hehehehehehehehe:lol:

Autophysn
12-01-2009, 03:54 PM
??????? updates????????

Mosh
12-01-2009, 05:04 PM
I am always watching threads.
This one I have not paid much attention to until now.

But after reading this thread,and the delay in any action on buying this "Said R"..
I almost wonder if it has something to do with this thread here?
http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/showthread.php?t=105743
You are both in NJ, and Not to question your integrity Svt Keith...I beleive you are legit.
But I wonder if the seller of " Said R" knows something shady is going on with it?

Now I did watch Gravelord's (the guys thread above where that trike was stolen) build a few years ago, and even done some trading with him.
It pissed me off to no end, when I seen his machine was stolen, and yet here sits a R, that you could buy, in the same state, and there has been no pics of it as of yet.
I am just wondering why?
In any case, I would maybe read that stolen trike thread,and see if there are any clues about that "said R" when you look at it again.
I just want to see the guy get his trike back, and it would suck for you if you bought a stolen machine.

ditchmud
12-01-2009, 09:04 PM
Deepa I read this whole thread to find out nothing! Good thing I'm laid off I guess.

Autophysn
12-01-2009, 09:39 PM
I am always watching threads.
This one I have not paid much attention to until now.

But after reading this thread,and the delay in any action on buying this "Said R"..
I almost wonder if it has something to do with this thread here?
http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/showthread.php?t=105743
You are both in NJ, and Not to question your integrity Svt Keith...I beleive you are legit.
But I wonder if the seller of " Said R" knows something shady is going on with it?

Now I did watch Gravelord's (the guys thread above where that trike was stolen) build a few years ago, and even done some trading with him.
It pissed me off to no end, when I seen his machine was stolen, and yet here sits a R, that you could buy, in the same state, and there has been no pics of it as of yet.
I am just wondering why?
In any case, I would maybe read that stolen trike thread,and see if there are any clues about that "said R" when you look at it again.
I just want to see the guy get his trike back, and it would suck for you if you bought a stolen machine.

Man, that sure would suck, but a show of some excellent detective work!

So how about it Keith? What's the latest? I truly hope it is not a hot bike, that would really suck!

Side Wayz
12-01-2009, 10:33 PM
Damn this is getting good or could be bad by all means. I hope the stolen R gets found in 1 peice and svt gets his R next door.

atcrider1
12-01-2009, 10:44 PM
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

code200k
12-01-2009, 10:46 PM
this could turn out to be a trike love triangle

Autophysn
12-03-2009, 04:43 AM
Do I keep reviving this thread in vain??? Seriously, you think it is tooooo gooood to be truuuuue?

svtkeith
12-06-2009, 06:06 PM
The conclusion of the R next door..

After completion of putting up my Christmas lights today, I decide to take my 350x for a spin around my yard. While doing so, a mustang drives past my house and slows to a stop. The kids inside pull into my driveway. Apparently they are on there way to buy a "R" but are lost. They ask if my X is for sale, I say no but I do have a tecate that is. I show the bike and they are interested. He says he will call me tomorrow. I ask where is this "R" that you are going to look at? He says on chestnut st. which is a few blocks down, (not the R next door) We exchange numbers and they leave. I load up a ladder I borrowed from my old man, and drop it off at his house. On the way back to my house I go down chestnut st. to see this bike. I see the kids mustang and see them on the side of the house. I get out and walk up and there sits the R NEXT DOOR!!! The seller was the "kid" who gave the initial 80 bucks. I was too late, the kids were all over this thing. It sold for 500 bucks! I could of gave the guy 600 and got it but im not type of guy, they beat me fair and square. The kids who bought it seemed cool and I have his number, I tell him when hes tired of it let me know. I just hope he dont destroy it. To the person who said the bike could be the one that is stolen, its not. My house is in the middle, on the left, the original owner, on the right the 2nd owner. 3 blocks down, the 3rd, Guy in mustang the 4th. Will I be the 5th? Time will tell.

Thanks to the guys who were cheering for me, and thanks to all for reading.

Long live 3 wheelers!

Keith

rdlsz24
12-06-2009, 06:13 PM
Why did the kid sell it already?

Rob

dcreel
12-06-2009, 06:39 PM
I guess you should have put a bee in that kids ear after all. It may be in your garage. If I see something I want I'm not above knocking on doors and leaving notes.

oscarmayer
12-06-2009, 07:18 PM
the kid jsut didn't like you is all.

harryredtrike
12-06-2009, 07:54 PM
wow, what a saga.anticlimactic ending though.tough break dude

hancadam
12-06-2009, 08:26 PM
There seems to be more to this story. It dragged on for over a month, then Mosh brings up a very interesting point, then all the sudden its over.

Could be a major coincidence but it seems suspect to me. Its possible I am just paranoid and looking to far into it. Sorry if that's the case.

svtkeith
12-06-2009, 08:43 PM
There seems to be more to this story. It dragged on for over a month, then Mosh brings up a very interesting point, then all the sudden its over.

Could be a major coincidence but it seems suspect to me. Its possible I am just paranoid and looking to far into it. Sorry if that's the case.

haha, no its not the case at all. If I didnt know the original owner and didnt know the history on the bike, then I would on been suspicious aswell.