PDA

View Full Version : oil seal

drhatc200
10-30-2009, 09:15 AM
got a oil seal leaking at shifter on a 84250r can this be done without pulling engine out. looks like the shifter want come past frame. dosent look like sidecover will either .what could i use for gasket sealer since honda dosent carry the gasket anymore.

85Tecate
10-30-2009, 12:44 PM
got a oil seal leaking at shifter on a 84250r can this be done without pulling engine out. looks like the shifter want come past frame. dosent look like sidecover will either .what could i use for gasket sealer since honda dosent carry the gasket anymore.

Not sure about it being done in the frame or not, but definatley use Hondabond for sealer.

DeePa
10-30-2009, 12:47 PM
id look for a gasket kit online.

as for the oil seal, use 2 screws to pull it out with vice grips, then grease the new one up really well and slide it over the shaft and find a way to get it in place without damaging it. Its worth a try before you pull the motor.

Another option is just to let it leak if you're gonna be pulling the motor at some point in the near future

drhatc200
10-31-2009, 12:04 PM
hoping not to pull motor to soon runs good but when i first got the bike you could see it bubbling oil between head so when we put new head gasket we felt rings its gonna need a set sometime didint have the money to put a set in then it leaks oil pretty good though so i need to get it fixed before i go on a ride of any lenght