PDA

View Full Version : Goin to look at a 225 Yamaha tomorrow! Need a little info guys.

Zach
10-24-2009, 05:44 PM
I am curious what one of these in very good condition is worth. This guy is 50 and has owned the trike since it was new. I have only seen pictures but from what I can tell she is a beauty and looks like it has barely ever come out of the garage. Also was wondering if the blue was a more rare color or if maybe only a specific model came in blue? I have been a Honda guy my whole life so I dont know much about the Yamahas. It looks sweet and he has the title so help me out with any info you can provide and wish me luck!

LonesomeTriZ
10-24-2009, 06:00 PM
To be honest, it is hard to give a price riange for a few reasons. First, what is the trike worth to you? Second, trikes sell for different amounts in differents parts of the country.

pipeline triker
10-24-2009, 09:17 PM
A 225 dx is a great all around trike, not a ton of power, not a lot of travel, not great handling, and not super fast. They are a nice trike to ride and play on and can still be used for work. The blue ones are the newer ones but otherwise the same as the yellow one's. If you can get it at a fair price you will be happy with it. The only real problem they have is the yoke on the tranny for the shaft drive is a weak link. if it lived an easy life the joint will be for sure good. I would like to find one in nice shape myself, so when people that do not have a trike to ride they could ride it, since they are easy to ride.

i58829
10-24-2009, 09:23 PM
I thought the blue ones were DR's and the R's had reverse? I know my cousin has a very nice 85 DR that's black. I'd say the 800-1000 range if it needs nothing and looks like it was babied without faded plastics, bent racks/bars, needing tires etc. If you know honda's well i'd say figure its worth 80% what a similar condition 86 250sx would bring...

MonroeMike
10-24-2009, 10:05 PM
Colors that were available

YTM 200e Yamahauler - Competition Yellow

YTM 200 - Competition Yellow, Sky Blue

YTM 225 - Competition Yellow, Sky Blue, Black