PDA

View Full Version : Electrical Mods-Hand/thumb warmers

Silverado
10-22-2009, 09:24 AM
I saw some after market hand warmers and thumb warmers for 4 wheelers and I was wondering if anyone on here has done such a thing to a 3 wheeler?

is it possible ?

Name Brand
10-22-2009, 10:43 AM
I'd like to do this on my next SX build coming this winter. Should be great for winter an fall rides or those cold rainy days. Shouldn't be anything more than adding a switch to an existing hot or adding a new circuit. You can find these units with a high/low heat setting on lots of snowmachines. I'm hoping I can cannibalize one of these setups and use factory Honda grips.

I'm also thinking about getting a seat heater from an automobile and adding it to my SX seat...

cox
10-22-2009, 10:58 AM
i had the same idea with the seat heater. easy to get from the wreckers, and cheap. i was also eyeing up my redtop battery. seems to fit very nicely where the tool box goes......

fabiodriven
10-22-2009, 11:26 AM
I was gonna try that with my Tecate, but I got lazy and did the Ducks Unlimited or something hand thingys. They work pretty dam good, and they're cheap.

I was going to post a dam picture of them, but the thing is tiny. Why does stupid photobucket keep doing this to me?! Does anybody know how I can make this picture bigger?:(

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r275/fabiodriven/Tecate%20250/Tecatevs250RBearbrook.jpg

atc500x
10-22-2009, 12:15 PM
No proble....it work great.I have one on my 500x.Not sure it work on trike without battery....but all battery model will work!