PDA

View Full Version : Boost ports

DOGBONE
08-05-2003, 07:37 PM
Hey I got a question about the boost ports on a 86 250r cylinder. I finally got me a motor for my Project R and was looking at the cylinders and noticed there was 2 pretty big ports. I've never looked inside a 85/86 250r cylinder so I'm not sure if there was 1 or 2 boost ports straight from the factory so was there 1 or 2 ports from the factory? I think the exhaust ports have been ported to, they look bigger than an exhaust port should look.

I'll try to get some pics up soon of the cylinder ports. It needs a new sleeve to so if they're ported I have no idea how you would match them up with the ports.

Hope this question made sence.

Thanks guys

200x Basket
08-06-2003, 04:31 AM
there should be a port on the right and the left. they can be opend up a BUNCH and still have little effect. the piggest effect will be in making the exhaust wider and raising the tops of the ports. that will raise the power band and make more HP. If you have a good place do the sleeving they will port match the new sleeve. port work makes or breaks an engine.

DOGBONE
08-06-2003, 01:29 PM
Cool thanks man, I'll try to get some pics of the cylinder tonight or tomorrow after I clean it up and let you people decide.
thanks