PDA

View Full Version : Electrical issue with YTM 200

Rabbithunter
10-21-2009, 01:12 AM
So I have been working to get my YTM back up and running and have been sucessful with all of your help.

Here is my problem now...if the main switch is turned to the ON position, the bike turns over and starts....but if the switch is turned to the LIGHT postion...I lose the neutral light and electic start but the head lights operate like they should. Any suggestions?

zppeacock
10-21-2009, 09:00 AM
Thats how it should be.

Rabbithunter
10-21-2009, 01:18 PM
Okay, so I start it in the ON position. Then can I turn it to LIGHT, after it has been started so I can run with headlights?

I know these questions sound stupid but the bike is still in a fair amount of parts from working on my electric start issues. I have the tank and seat off now so I can rewire anything needed before reassembly. I did get all of my electric start problems fixed and the bike will now run again with the starter! Just trying to get all the other bugs worked out.

Rabbithunter
10-21-2009, 09:38 PM
Anyone know the answer?

zppeacock
10-21-2009, 11:08 PM
Okay, so I start it in the ON position. Then can I turn it to LIGHT, after it has been started so I can run with headlights?

No, the light position on the key switch is just for the headlight.

There should be a light switch by the kill switch on the handle bars.

Rabbithunter
10-21-2009, 11:44 PM
Well, then either my lights dont work in the ON postion with the handlebar light switch on or they dont come on until the trike is running. Hopefully the latter but I assuming by what your telling me, I have a problem. I have lights in the LIGHT position but in the ON position with the trike off, I dont have any lights.

zppeacock
10-21-2009, 11:48 PM
They will only come on when the trike is running. Thats why they have the light position on the key, so you can have the lights on with the motor off.

Anyother q let me know.

Rabbithunter
10-21-2009, 11:53 PM
You rock dude!