PDA

View Full Version : Test Ported Tri-Moto Cylinder

lndy650
10-19-2009, 10:14 AM
i have a race ported dt 125 cylinder which i believe is a direct bolt on to a tri moto 125. anyway when i get done with it is there anyone with a tri moto that wants to test it out for free? use as long as you want i just need some feedback on it... i have a few 200/200x heads i need someone to try also.

lndy650
10-19-2009, 11:23 AM
keep in mind this cylinder was originaly ported for mid-topend power and the stock exhaust and carb on the tri-moto are designed for low-midrange powerband so the full potential wont be utilized. also the cases arent match ported which would gain a little more. none the less this cylinder should add quite a bit of power.

old-yellow
10-20-2009, 10:25 PM
I would take it but I don't have the time or money right now, but let me talk to one of my friends he might want it for his DT 125 dirtbike unless you only want it tried on a trimoto, also what year DT is it from.

Thanks, Alex

lndy650
10-21-2009, 01:09 AM
ill find out the year... its not finished and its totally experimental but if he wants to try it a bike is fine.

4cfed
10-21-2009, 01:12 AM
what are the 200/200x heads set up for?? high end power or all around??

Twilight
10-21-2009, 01:22 AM
Did you match the exhaust port and intake port? What did you use as a map?

In porting, matching the exhaust and intake is important, also cleaning and matching to a map utilizes more of a need. If you didnt follow a map and just filed away, you could actually lose power. Also cleaning up the reed cage and filing it down to allow more air flow is another key. Another thing to think about is jetting to match the porting.

lndy650
10-21-2009, 01:35 AM
Did you match the exhaust port and intake port? What did you use as a map?

In porting, matching the exhaust and intake is important, also cleaning and matching to a map utilizes more of a need. If you didnt follow a map and just filed away, you could actually lose power. Also cleaning up the reed cage and filing it down to allow more air flow is another key. Another thing to think about is jetting to match the porting.
ive been porting 2 strokes for over 10 years... and no i didnt use a template i went by my own experience. ive used templates before but your not going to find one for a dt125. if this cylinder works good i will make my own templates for future use.
pretty much i raised and widened the exhaust, lowered and widened the intake, added boost ports from the intake to the transfers and made the transfers bigger with a longer open duration and changed the angle to straight across from angled up(better for top rpm) about 126 degree intake duration exhaust is around 186 degrees so its set for around 7000rpms. as for jetting thats the easy part.

lndy650
10-21-2009, 01:38 AM
what are the 200/200x heads set up for?? high end power or all around??
more for topend... with this porting a oversize carb and a big exhaust and the right cam my 200x liked to spin 7500-8000 which is pretty impressive for a 200x

old-yellow
10-22-2009, 08:55 PM
Indy650 I have not been able to get hold of my buddy yet but when I do I will let you know if he is interested in trying it out, also I would be the one you would be dealing with for the feedback on the cylinder because he don't have a computer. I also would be one of test riders of the dirtbike and giving you my feedback on it. Do you want the cylinder back when you get the feedback or would my buddy basic be buying the cylinder from you if it works out good? if you want to P/M me the answer to my question that's fine.
Thanks, Alex

old-yellow
01-11-2010, 05:35 PM
Hey Indy650 did you ever find anyone to test the cylinder out?