PDA

View Full Version : Lets talk Carburetion

mike1979
10-18-2009, 08:18 PM
I am trying to decide what to do with my newly aquired 350x as far as carburetion goes. It came with an unknown Mikuni on it. I know nothing of carb/exhaust balance. It currenly has a Harley muffler on it. I know that needs to go, I am just wondering if I should rejet that carb or look for a new one when I get my exhaust system. I am not going to change the head pipe because it looks like it will be a real pain on this one (rusty). I am thinking Supertrap.

Thoughts? Suggestions? I am new to all this, so feel free to school me

85Tecate
10-18-2009, 08:51 PM
Whats wrong with the carb on it?? Even though its unknown, maybe someone has jetted it correclty already. Check your plug and see if it looks good.

mike1979
10-18-2009, 09:12 PM
Whats wrong with the carb on it?? Even though its unknown, maybe someone has jetted it correclty already. Check your plug and see if it looks good.

Well it is running super rich. I can lean it out ok, but running with almost no back pressure I'm sure it wont be right when I put an exhaust on it. It has a Harley pipe on it which has baffle on the sides but is hollow straight through.

MonroeMike
10-18-2009, 09:32 PM
Have you read Carb Jetting 101?

http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/showthread.php?t=55086

AutoXer
10-20-2009, 12:17 PM
most of your flow comes from the head pipe and you really can't "pre jet" for a pipe every bike is a little different due to many other factors