PDA

View Full Version : Im learning.. So stupid question..

drkilldrmz
10-16-2009, 08:18 AM
Behind the rope start on my Yamaha YTM 200 there is small oil leak coming from under whatever case is back there. On the case beind the pull start on the bottom. Looks like it was removed and put back in place with gasket maker and not a true gasket, so when it warms up, it drips a little. What does that case contain, and if i remove the pull start, and then that case to investigate, what kind of trouble could i get into?

peter250r
10-16-2009, 08:57 AM
i dunno about yamaha but on my honda, behind that pull starter is the flywheel which behind that is the magneto for generating power. then there is the crank case which would have a seal around the crank shaft which all this is mounted on.

ScottZJ
10-16-2009, 10:09 AM
Removing the pull start should be very simple with just 5-6 bolts. Once you removed it, you should be able to see where the leak is coming from. It could be the seal around the crank case and/or shaft.

harryredtrike
10-16-2009, 10:18 AM
i dunno about yamaha but on my honda, behind that pull starter is the flywheel which behind that is the magneto for generating power. then there is the crank case which would have a seal around the crank shaft which all this is mounted on.

2nd that,easy job on that side of the case.

drkilldrmz
10-16-2009, 10:59 AM
10-4 crank case seal it is.. Thanks.