PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Heard of a Bulldog Trike?

Elsinore
10-14-2009, 09:49 PM
Fellow in Omaha has a "Bulldog" trike, and I cannot find ANYTHING about it. Sorry, no pics, but I'll try to describe it. It has a large 9 or 10 HP pull start Briggs, full knobby ATV tires, and a minimal fiberglass fender/seat body. The seat is large and in two rectangular parts, butt and back rest. The frame is 2-3 inch tube with a triangular three bolt plate joint right under the seat. The foot rests are open loops of tube. It has a chrome headlight, and a rear tailight built into the body. Controls are twist grip throttle, and it has hand levers actuating separate band brakes on either side of the rear wheels. There is a toggle switch on the triple tree to switch it on or off. The bulldog logo on the fork "number" plate is a running bulldog with kind of wheels where his feet are. Same decal on the clutch cover. Only chrome on it is the headlight and twist grip throttle housing. There are absolutely no manufacturers marks on it anywhere. Just the sticker on the on off togggle switch, a warning sticker on the frame downtube behind the head tube, the bulldog logo on the "number plate" and on the clutch drive housing. Any ideas?
Thanks!

Red Rider
10-15-2009, 12:02 AM
No, but I've seen a "Bulldog Dyke" before. Kind of looks like Rosie O'donnell.

Pafrig
10-15-2009, 12:16 AM
No, but I've seen a "Bulldog Dyke" before. Kind of looks like Rosie O'donnell.

ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaa

MonroeMike
10-15-2009, 04:20 AM
I've never heard of it. I wish you had some pics.

The bulldog decals might have been put on by someone other than the manufacturer.

Ol Deuce
10-15-2009, 10:32 AM
Home built!

vbb71zoso
10-15-2009, 09:52 PM
manco built some trikes like that!

code200k
10-15-2009, 10:12 PM
manco built some trikes like that!

my guess would be a manco with some random stickers

taker
05-01-2010, 12:05 AM
Here is a pic of mine http://i640.photobucket.com/albums/uu128/takerquad/Bulldog2.jpg and no it is actually called a bulldog they were made in the 70's here in springfield, mo at bulldog manufacturing long out of business or bought out mine is missing the rear fender as well as the front bulldog plate is missing however I am currently on the search for a good pic of a bulldog front tag to see if I can get one remade or somehow copied. Another company well several other companies made very similar bikes such as the montgomery ward T555, and the MW Terrain Cycle and numerous others as well. The Bulldog was one of the few that had the wide tire in front as well as back, I would be very interested to see any pics anyone else has of something they own either like it or similar to it??

Autophysn
05-01-2010, 04:43 AM
^^^^rocking^^^^^^ looks good dude, take a video of it in action

taker
05-03-2010, 08:48 PM
^^^^rocking^^^^^^ looks good dude, take a video of it in action

Thanks but I just picked this one up a few days ago it is in need of some help in the way of control cables and Im gonna rebuild the seat the way it was when manufactured but yeah overall not a bad example and it does run real good!! Gotta love the 100.00 honda clones!!!