PDA

View Full Version : After 2 years, almost done with 300R

Huffa
10-03-2009, 09:31 AM
I'm really not interested in riding any more, most likely going to sell it and if I don't get I want for it just keep it for nice.

I'll post a few more pic's once the body work is on.

BTW Jason, I think you were right pertaining to the rear master cylinder piston being stuck, I got brake working now but still took 150 times or so of pumping to get it to bleed the air out, works great now though, thanks for that info!

RedRider_AK
10-03-2009, 09:43 AM
Sorry man, but too much blue. Blue pipe? Those blue pegs are kind of random, as is the blue number plate. Maybe it's just not my bag...

The trike itself looks good mechanically, but the color scheme I just don't like AT ALL.

brapp
10-03-2009, 10:15 AM
hey man long time no chat, it looks good what plastics d you have for it? and evenbetter question are you gonan ride it?

Huffa
10-03-2009, 10:15 AM
Sorry man, but too much blue. Blue pipe? Those blue pegs are kind of random, as is the blue number plate. Maybe it's just not my bag...

The trike itself looks good mechanically, but the color scheme I just don't like AT ALL.

Thats OK, your welcome to your opinion but what your suggesting is to make it look more ordinary, like a "normal" 300R, I don't want that, I want it one of a kind as far as the paint scheme and I had it with a black pipe, the blue looks far better.

Just wait till all the plastic/tank is on, you'll see..........

Yep, just not your bag .......

Huffa
10-03-2009, 10:18 AM
hey man long time no chat, it looks good what plastics d you have for it? and evenbetter question are you gonan ride it?

Good to hear from you Brapp!

Only will ride it to make sure it runs good, I have the stock red plastic (red tank also) and white plastic too.

I just have too many other things going on in my life right now to ride, 3 wheelers are at the bottom of my list unfourtunitly, I still dig em though!

aldochina
10-03-2009, 10:19 AM
looks awsome, what are you using for plastics? Gonna be one serious machine by the looks of it. I dont know how you could build it, and not want to ride it though!! I think odd color schemes are cool, its hard to find an original idea, and yours looks unique for sure, never mind what the pond skipper says!

aldochina
10-03-2009, 10:20 AM
i'm a slow typer i guess, thought i was 3rd post!

RedRider_AK
10-03-2009, 10:25 AM
yours looks unique for sure, never mind what the pond skipper says!

Putting words in my mouth, huh? :wondering

Huffa
10-03-2009, 10:42 AM
Putting words in my mouth, huh? :wondering

Sort of odd you don't like it since it would go with your flags perfectly :lol:

Huffa
10-03-2009, 10:45 AM
looks awsome, what are you using for plastics? Gonna be one serious machine by the looks of it. I dont know how you could build it, and not want to ride it though!! I think odd color schemes are cool, its hard to find an original idea, and yours looks unique for sure, never mind what the pond skipper says!

Thank you!

Like said before, I have red original plastic and white plastic too.

I'm 53 years old, just too lazy to ride any more and takes too much work to keep it looking this way, I'm one of those "have to keep it perfectly clean" guys after every ride, can't stand looking at a dirty machine.

RedRider_AK
10-03-2009, 10:47 AM
Sort of odd you don't like it since it would go with your flags perfectly :lol:

Oh, it suits me fine. Born in the USSR, lived in Alaska, now in Russia...

It's just that I never said the color scheme wasn't "original", and because "pond skipper" sounds a little too much like "wetback" to me.

edog
10-03-2009, 10:50 AM
I think if Superman ever needed a trike, that would be it!!!!!

Huffa
10-03-2009, 10:58 AM
I think if Superman ever needed a trike, that would be it!!!!!

Exactly edog!!, that is what it is themed after, I was going to put his logo on front # plate, just never got around to it .........

The white version (plastics) would be the Clark Kent model so he can ride it to the Daily Planet.

MonroeMike
10-03-2009, 11:22 AM
Nice bike, I like the color scheme, it's different.

chris200x
10-03-2009, 11:45 AM
HEY MR. HUFFA!!! :w00t:

I think it looks fantastic!!! ever get the gearing figured out? I bet she screams!!! :naughty: :naughty: :naughty:

get those plastics on and take some pics outside!! :)

harryredtrike
10-03-2009, 01:08 PM
put up a pic with plastics,i bet the white ones would rock.

Saul
10-03-2009, 03:19 PM
Doesn't matter which plastics you run - it's gunna look killer. Already does. My hats off on a very clean looking build.

If you decide to sell it I think there may be some interest over at the fooler forum for sure.

Couple things - what kinda steering stabilizer is that? Also, what is that 'custom' plate on the engine and what does it say?

I also love how you have sanded/polished the engine fins.

Love the bike! Be proud of it.

Huffa
10-03-2009, 05:35 PM
Thanks Saul, glad you like!

The steering stabilizer is from Ram company of the 80's, I have a spare also, tried to sell on ebay but it didn't fetch squat and I'm not going to leave it go for a lousy 50 bucks.

The emblem on engine is just to add a little humor to the machine, it's from pep boys and says Limited Edition.

This R was a Honda mechanics its whole life, I'm the second owner as of 2 years ago or so, the engine was rebuilt about 5 hours before I purchased it.

Here it is (here ya go Chris, tanks for the compliment!) with the red just slapped on quick for all to see.

The white fenders I bought used and need a good cleaning up yet, I also have another tank that I'd like to have painted white also to go along with it.

The blue on the rear fender, I realize that is a bit overwhelming but I plan to put tasteful stickers on there, I don't prefer stickers plastered all over the machine, just in one spot and that's a good paace for them I think, just have to find the right ones.

Saul
10-03-2009, 05:39 PM
Looks really good with the red plastics but I think the white plastics are gunna make it REALLY pop!

You outta hold on to that one - it's a keeper.

Huffa
10-03-2009, 05:50 PM
What do you all think of this on the front # plate ? Now keep in mind that is just paper, the red would be more vivid matching the # plate border and the yellow would be deeper.

If I did do it, it would have to be painted on so the venting shows through, a sticker turns me off, just would not look "correct".

Possibly something on the rear fender rectangles that is supermanish might be cool too, like a bullet on each side or "Faster then a speeding bullet" on one side and "more powerful then a locamotive "on the other :lol:

Although I really should just sell the thing, I just don't know what to do, it just sits ang sits and sits, maybe if I here of another Superman movie being made I shold contact them :)

Huffa
10-03-2009, 05:53 PM
Looks really good with the red plastics but I think the white plastics are gunna make it REALLY pop!

You outta hold on to that one - it's a keeper.

Yea I want to but the boss wife says to sell it, I know what I'll do!! .....simply price it too high!

Now that I think of it, I posted it a while back and, ahh, I forget the term but I changed the colors on it several different ways.

Found it!

http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/showthread.php?t=84493 actually this may give some memebers some ideas, lot of different machines on here

Huffa
10-03-2009, 06:11 PM
HEY MR. HUFFA!!! :w00t:

I think it looks fantastic!!! ever get the gearing figured out? I bet she screams!!! :naughty: :naughty: :naughty:

get those plastics on and take some pics outside!! :)

Hey Chris, what are you riding now, outside it looks even better, ya think ?

85Tecate
10-03-2009, 06:51 PM
Looks good, although way too much blue for my taste. I bet a polished pipe would make that look 100% better than the blue pipe. Its whatever you like though. Im just more of a black/polished type of guy...

Huffa
10-03-2009, 07:07 PM
Looks good, although way too much blue for my taste. I bet a polished pipe would make that look 100% better than the blue pipe. Its whatever you like though. Im just more of a black/polished type of guy...

Polishd pipe would look fine, but I want it unique, like no other .......

300rman
10-03-2009, 11:21 PM
dude! its coming together! good to see, sorry we never got the Superman logo on the # plate. aint seen you around here for a long time. i;d just price it too high, and keep it.

tanks350x
10-04-2009, 02:13 PM
That thing looks really nice, and clean.. Good Job

chris200x
10-04-2009, 02:18 PM
Hey Chris, what are you riding now, outside it looks even better, ya think ?

I think out in the sunlight your pics will really show all the detail,, and all the hard work you put into it.

I blew up my 350x a while back and havent been doing too much riding lately,, she's being rebuilt tho,, and I should have her back in a few short weeks. :naughty: :D http://www.bikepics.com/pictures/1628305/ :drool:

350Xccelerator
10-04-2009, 02:37 PM
gotta admit the blue exhaust does look kinda odd. Other then that it looks great!!

Erics350x
10-04-2009, 09:01 PM
Very nice work. Can we ask how much $$ and time do you have in it.

Bryan Raffa
10-04-2009, 09:45 PM
Huffa where ya been,,, I like the Blue pipe .. dont listin to them ,, it makes it its own!

comein up for ice racing?.. I know you can ride that thing!

Huffa
10-06-2009, 02:38 AM
Huffa where ya been,,, I like the Blue pipe .. dont listin to them ,, it makes it its own!

comein up for ice racing?.. I know you can ride that thing!

Yep, if I was out on a track, you would KNOW it was me with that blue pipe, I think it makes the machine sort of glow, with a black pipe it looked quite ho-hum boring.

Ice racing sounds like a lot of fun for sure but I really doubt I will have machines any more. :(

I'm probably at the 5% bracket of the oldest on this site also, just not into like I used to be :(

Huffa
10-06-2009, 02:40 AM
gotta admit the blue exhaust does look kinda odd. Other then that it looks great!!

Odd only because no one else (Honda did though) had the guts to try it, where is the rule that says a exhaust has to be chrome or black or for that matter a motor?

Jason Hall
10-06-2009, 07:02 AM
I like It!!! Great job Huffa :w00t:

oldskool83
10-06-2009, 11:45 AM
its nice man

Huffa
10-07-2009, 02:54 AM
Very nice work. Can we ask how much $$ and time do you have in it.

I have been so on/off with working on it I have no idea how much time I put into it, but it does take extra time compare to a "normal" paint job with some of the details you see, money wise not all that much really, specially if you compare what other guys spend on here.

The suspension is completely redone as far as fluids and rebuilding, most guys "bypass" that area of work if there is no oil leaking.

Huffa
10-07-2009, 02:57 AM
I like It!!! Great job Huffa :w00t:

Thanks Jason !