PDA

View Full Version : Cam sprocket adjustment ATC 200

cox
09-28-2009, 11:30 AM
Well i got this trike, i call it frankentrike. its made up of multiple trikes. anyways, when i got it the top end was ticking. I got it for cheap so i rode on it for awhile before fixing it. Last weekend she died, i heard a louder tick and it died. After that when you turned it over it made a very loud tick. so i dropped the motor out, and took the top end apart. Nothing was wrong or worn out, i swapped the top with another one i had on my parts motor. It had a diffrent decompression valve. Put it back together and she wouldnt run. so the CDI and all came out again, and i timed it as best i could. My problem is that with the T marking being where it should be, the cam sprocket wont line exactly up to the notch in the case. I moved the chain one notch over on the sprocket and she fired up. I guess the cam chain has got the stretch over time. Which is part of my problem, the adjuster does not seem to work for the cam chain. I tried it a few times and when i took it apart the chain was still quite loose. Any tricks to this? The top end noise i am hearing is the valves. the need to be adjusted badly. I have no clue even where to start with this. when i had the motor out i was reading about it in my clymer manual, but it didnt make sense to me. I couldnt figure out where i had to put the feeler guage for the measurement. Any help or advise would be great i am going out and working on it today, i may have to take it in i guess. i just hate paying for something i could do myself...... lol

MonroeMike
09-28-2009, 11:49 AM
Look at this pic. Where the red arrow is pointing. Ignore the text in the photo.

http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/showpost.php?p=770185&postcount=6

cox
09-28-2009, 12:46 PM
Thank you very much. very very much.......:beer