PDA

View Full Version : my new toy :)

rt_linn
09-27-2009, 10:58 PM
I went and picked up this 85 350X the other day and she runs great. i just wanted to see what you guys thought. The previous owner i guess crashed it pretty bad one time when a deer ran out in front of him, i think the forks might be bent because of that. if you look at the front end in the 3rd pic you will see what i am talking about. The bars are straight but the tire is slightly turned. will i have to get new forks to fix this?

harryredtrike
09-28-2009, 12:39 AM
looks like the left side is bent,they can be straightened.there is a thread on here to show you.not that hard three hammers out of five difficulty rating

rt_linn
09-28-2009, 05:24 PM
thanks, i did a search and found a lot of threads on it actually. it drives ok now like it is but only with the tank shrouds off... if they are on it i cant turn left very far HaHa

Other than that im happy with the bike :)

Ol Deuce
09-28-2009, 07:26 PM
I went and picked up this 85 350X the other day and she runs great. i just wanted to see what you guys thought. The previous owner i guess crashed it pretty bad one time when a deer ran out in front of him, i think the forks might be bent because of that. if you look at the front end in the 3rd pic you will see what i am talking about. The bars are straight but the tire is slightly turned. will i have to get new forks to fix this?

My atc Has left fork bent also! it purrs but I need it fixed--You did pick up a Great ride. I have been looking at a 250r

Ol Deuce

MonroeMike
09-28-2009, 07:39 PM
Nice start on good bike.

CRAZY70MAN
09-28-2009, 07:54 PM
great 350x....... my 200x forks were bent and some members helped me out. Straightend with a 20 ton press, a litle at a time.....worked well. Good luck and congrats..

rt_linn
09-28-2009, 08:21 PM
Thanks to all for the help and the comments :D :p

Yamaha_Rules69
09-28-2009, 08:38 PM
What did you pay for it if you dont mind me askin? It looks pretty nice, and I am sure it is a fun ride for sure. Do you think the lower tripple tree could be bent also? Nice wheeler, and thanks for sharing!

rt_linn
09-29-2009, 04:48 PM
I looked a little closer today at the lower tripple and it looks fine, im thinking it must be the forks.

I got the 350x in a trade. i also got another 350x but it is in pieces; however, the forks, motor, and frame are all still together. he did gave me all the parts to put it together too, plus extra parts such as two 350X trannys and a few other things. i have the swing arm, all the tires and rims, the tank also, so its mostly a complete bike. the last part of the deal that i got was two Big Reds. An 83 and 85, and they both are complete. :D :) :D