PDA

View Full Version : How to ID a Honda Mystery motor

cox
09-24-2009, 12:11 PM
I got this motor last night, i dont think she is gunna work for my machine. Its the whole shabang minus the starter. I was looking for a replacement motor to just swap in while i rebuilt the original one. Its in a 82 atc 200. I blew up the topend last weekend. This "new" one has hi lo range which is kinda interesting. both are chain driven. drive sprocket needs to be changed, looks a little harder than the other honda motors i got. Its also got electric start. how close are the motor mounts going to line up? look very similar, but i dont have a machine here to compare with. My son also managed to make my camera disappear. When i find it ill take some pics of it. The # on it is,
TB05E-

MonroeMike
09-24-2009, 12:31 PM
My guess it's from a 1982 ATC200E Big Red.

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/1982HondaSpecpage.shtml

lndy650
09-24-2009, 12:36 PM
id agree its a older big red motor. i think i put one in a 200s once dont remember changing much. i like the high/low option

cox
09-24-2009, 12:51 PM
im still looking for my camera, lol. pics soon

oscarmayer
09-24-2009, 01:32 PM
I got this motor last night, i dont think she is gunna work for my machine. Its the whole shabang minus the starter. I was looking for a replacement motor to just swap in while i rebuilt the original one. Its in a 82 atc 200. I blew up the topend last weekend. This "new" one has hi lo range which is kinda interesting. both are chain driven. drive sprocket needs to be changed, looks a little harder than the other honda motors i got. Its also got electric start. how close are the motor mounts going to line up? look very similar, but i dont have a machine here to compare with. My son also managed to make my camera disappear. When i find it ill take some pics of it. The # on it is,
TB05E-

you sir have a 200e engine!. i'm looking for one. if your not going to mod the frame to fit the starter, then it will not work. Sell it to me! i need one for my wife's trike I' doing up.

lndy650
09-24-2009, 02:01 PM
^thats what it was... i cant remember if i cut and reshaped the chassis or if i just ran it with no starter... that was like 10 years ago. im getting old!

oscarmayer
09-24-2009, 02:06 PM
lol yea anything but the 200e has to have the chasis moded. if your not wanting to do that, I have a rebuildable 200s motor can toss in some gaskets (no pisotn and good jug sorry) and be willing to trade ya with soem $ for that 200e setup. I really need it for my wife's trike.

cox
09-24-2009, 02:18 PM
onlyproblem is im in the great white north and your in texas..... Im not saying i wont do it, ive just never shipped anything before.

oscarmayer
09-25-2009, 09:28 AM
with the new usps shipping if it's udner 75 lbs then it's like $40. so take the top end and starter off and send them in a 2nd box and put the bottom end (pull the studs off with a stud puller so they don't get damaged) and the bottom w/o fluids is just under $75 it's like 69lbs + packaging. you can ship both boxes just under $65 if done right. i don't care if it takes 3 weeks to get here. lol. worth the wait.