PDA

View Full Version : x.system Tri Z bushings

retiredmxer
09-22-2009, 05:55 PM
I'm trying to put the motor back into the bike and the rear mount won't fit between the bushings coming out of the swingarm. I bought the bushings that x.system sells. They went in ok. When I tried to install the swingarm, I had to shave the outside of the bushings just to get the swingarm to fit in the frame. Now it looks like I'm gonna have to remove the swingarm and shave the inside of those in order to get the motor to fit.

Anyone else had to do this? Just wondering if this is expected or if maybe I have the wrong size? Looks like I'll need to shave a couple of millimeters off of each side.

Thanks for any help:D

Blake

Mosh
09-22-2009, 08:15 PM
The only thing I had to shave down was the outsides near the frame so I could put the end caps on.
They are made to use nothing else, just his bushings.But I wanted the stainless steel caps, so I had to shave them.

It is possible your frame is slightly collapsed from years of service,and if it is powdered that may affect them too.
Go ahead and trim em up, they will be fine.

kokmatt
09-22-2009, 08:25 PM
Yea i had to trim mine
but but they worked awesome.

300rman
09-22-2009, 11:44 PM
with these old machines, tolerances from machine to machine will vary slightly. better to have em too tight and shave to fit than be made to OEM and too loose ya know?

88 Turbo Coupe
09-23-2009, 06:08 AM
Mine fit fine

retiredmxer
09-23-2009, 12:03 PM
well, I trimmed 'em up and they seem to working fine now.

I agree 300r...I'd rather have to remove something than wish I had more :)

This build is moving along now..thanks again for the help.

Blake