PDA

View Full Version : tri z electrics

badtriz
08-02-2003, 02:30 AM
i just replaced the stator on my z and when i punch it right in the middle of the powerband it bogs and then i have to let off of it and then it just does it over and over again and i was wondering if i need to advance the timing on the stator or what i need to do? the cap to the coil came off and i screwed it back on and was maybe thinking the coil could be bad but im not for sure. anybody know what the deal is?

YTZ250#1
08-02-2003, 09:35 AM
Are you sure its not a fuel prob.?check jeting,air filter,and exhaust.also make sure reeds are good.

badtriz
08-02-2003, 04:13 PM
no, im perfectly sure its none of those things

TimSr
08-02-2003, 04:39 PM
Was it running normally before the stator went bad? A bad plug wire or boot, can arc out at higher RPMs while running normally at low RPMs. Does it dog only at mid range, or do it do it at high RPMs as well. Does it miss and sputter, or does it just bog down? The timing is adjusted by rotating the stator within the slotted screw holes, but going from one extreme to the other isnt even noticeable, so I doubt its your problem.

badtriz
08-03-2003, 02:33 AM
well i adjusted the timing and it still does it so im thinking that i need to change the coil too, and yes it did it before and after the new stator and it sputters and bogs and mid and high end, but great at low end. soooo, my guess, the damn things old, electrics go out.