PDA

View Full Version : ATC90 mods-

Jeepermc
09-21-2009, 02:32 PM
Hi Guys- Got two ATC90's. Both 1977. One needs the boot between air filter and carb... I figure on just deleting the airbox and going with a filter right off the carb. Looks to be about 1 5/16 on the carb side. What filters have you guys used on these? Reusable?

I'd also like to lighten them up as much as I can..... I know the wheel/tire combo is heavy... Does anyone make aluminum wheels for these? Any other cheap tricks?

Thanks

Jeepermc
09-21-2009, 06:00 PM
Any thoughts on these- http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=350192824187&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT

How about a performance cam?

Vealmonkey
09-21-2009, 06:17 PM
You can find universal K&N filters or a universal UNI filter and they'll do just fine. You can use one of the outwears with the UNI filter and it filters out even more and helps keep alot of water out too. As for a carb, you want to use a carb and intake off an atc110, it's about the cheapeast upgrade you can make on an atc90. Also look into a DG exhaust, a big improvement over a stock, but louder than stock if that matters. Look for a website called Dratv.com and they have the 3 bolt one piece aluminum wheels listed. You need the 8x8 in the 3x100 bolt pattern. You need one rim with a zero offset, centered for your front wheel and you need 2 other rims with the zero offset or any offset you want since they are for the rears. The stock frames aren't the sturdiest so be careful. Inspect the frame carefully for heavy rust or cracks. You can still find aftermarket tube frames for the atc90/110. You can still find performance cams and larger piston kits. A 90/110 is a good entry level trike. You'll be seeking a bigger displacement trike in no time. Best of luck with your project and welcome to the boards. Use the search feature towards the top of the page and you can find that many of your questions have already been answered and you'll see lots of pics.

Jeepermc
09-21-2009, 07:57 PM
Thanks for the reply.... I get on the 90's occasionally for fun but mostly my 9 year old stepson rides em. I've got a 05 banshee and a 01 300EX and if all goes well I should be picking up a tecate 250 trike in the next month or so... Excited about that!...

Mostly I'm just looking to make the 90's a little faster for the kid cause he's gettin to the point where he wants more. Of course I want more too.....

Jeepermc
09-22-2009, 02:57 PM
What are the advantages of a 110 carb. I know better performance but what's the differences between the two?

shortline10
09-22-2009, 03:18 PM
I believe the 110 is 2mm larger than the 90 so more air flow is more HP .

Vealmonkey
09-22-2009, 05:02 PM
And the 110 carbs are a little easier to get.