PDA

View Full Version : 200M bigred blowing plugs

cox
09-11-2009, 10:59 PM
Ok i picked this trike up a couple weeks ago, let it sit for that time. i changed the steering tire, and i fired it up for good measure. Runs great by the way 1st pull. So today i put air in the tire and rolled her into the shop. Wont start, tried all sorts of stuff. Pulled the plug and it is really black. So i go get some new plugs, throw it in and bang fires up first pull. i take it for a little test drive for around 10 minutes, check the gears and reverse low range ect. everything is tight and works great. i turn her off, and wont start. i pulled the plug out and its the same black as all hell. also it does not burn oil, no smoke at all. black means oil dont it? Or you think its timing maybe? looking for some feedback.

thanx guys.

rebel33382
09-12-2009, 01:13 PM
carb is to rich, screw the a/f out 1/2 turn, its located on the exterior of the carb at the part closest to intake boot

blue27
09-12-2009, 02:05 PM
Clean the carb first and then try it again. If you are still fouling plugs the slide needle and seat are worn. A very common problem with the 200S. A quick fix is to lower the needle one notch (move the clip up one notch on the needle will lower it) and try that. The needle vibrates around and wears out the seat in the carb making the hole larger ten it should be and then riching the mixture. If this seems to help then replace the needle and seat. But first give the carb a good cleaning including the jets, make sure they are not clogged. Lets us know if this helps out.

Later

cox
09-14-2009, 02:34 PM
I adjusted the fuel air mixture. and it seems alot better i have another carb on a running 200m parts bike im going to pull and clean to replace it with i think.