PDA

View Full Version : Tranny Question

Tecate250
09-10-2009, 06:05 PM
Well as my luck would have it my old Tecate 4 is back in my neighbourhood. And now I am fixing the motor. The previous owner told me that the orange silicone was top notch 40$ a tube cnd. Looks like high heat gasket which does not go good with gas. Anyways. the motor has a small but could be serious noise in the tranny. I guess while running in netural the trannys has a clicking noise. Now I know these machine has bad bottoms ends. with motor out and turning the sprocket you can feel a slight clicking through the out put shaft. Could this be a bent or wore out shift fork? Spacer missing?

Tecate250
09-13-2009, 11:48 AM
No one has any advise?

Dirtcrasher
09-13-2009, 03:30 PM
I would take off the cover and look at the mechanism that locks it into any particular gear, probably on the clutch side. Sometimes it's the stuff OUTside of the center case that allows the shift drum to roll enough that it could be partially engaged.....

bonkers_200s
09-13-2009, 05:53 PM
I would stay away from trannys, I don't care how hot they are, they're still just a dude with a dress on.

Pafrig
09-13-2009, 05:56 PM
I would stay away from trannys, I don't care how hot they are, they're still just a dude with a dress on.

as quagmire would say, "pre opp or post opp?"

Tecate250
09-18-2009, 04:12 PM
Lol. Found the problem. The shift forks were worn that bad that they were rubbing on the sliding gear. Made quite a goudge in the forks. Laughs on him is they are no longer avaiable from kawie.