PDA

View Full Version : Who has the 250R High Performance Guide off Ebay?

MagicJames
09-07-2009, 11:15 PM
I know someone bought it.... I'm just curious as to what it says
And poor.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Honda-TRX250R-HIGH-PERFORMANCE-GUIDE-trx-250r-ATC-pipe_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQh ashZitem4a98729f0aQQitemZ320385228554QQptZMotorsQ5 fATVQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

350x'inNY
09-08-2009, 10:50 PM
I know someone bought it.... I'm just curious as to what it says
And poor.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Honda-TRX250R-HIGH-PERFORMANCE-GUIDE-trx-250r-ATC-pipe_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQh ashZitem4a98729f0aQQitemZ320385228554QQptZMotorsQ5 fATVQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Says that there were 10 available.... drop down $5 and see???

MagicJames
09-09-2009, 12:35 AM
Lol, I Don't want it, but i always see it up there.
Just curious as to what kind of BS is in there...

lndy650
09-09-2009, 12:37 AM
the same kind of stuff you can learn for free with experience

ilmoakw
09-09-2009, 12:13 PM
the same kind of stuff you can learn for free with experience

.... or by reading 3wheelerworldforums.com......

whyzee
09-09-2009, 04:31 PM
:beer :beer
i bought one !
it basically tells you the most common ways thier are about how to make your trx or atc250r faster.
the basic jist of these bikes is noise. They are choked by the stock exhaust. We all know this. an aftermarket exhaust , air filter and proper jetting will make these bikes come alive, but bring your ear plugs
Well worth the $5. Said reed cages are a total waste of money as the stock reed cages are awesome ( I was just getting ready to plunk down some $$ for a reed cage )
tals about jetting and how to do it.
most importantly he tells you how to be smart and buy things off of ebay, and what to buy. that alone will save you hundreds of dollars. Well worth the $7 ( inc shipping)

lndy650
09-09-2009, 05:32 PM
hmm i have to go lok at my stock reed cage now...

lndy650
09-09-2009, 05:42 PM
well it appears the boot is very supirior to most stock boots because it has reed stuffers big enough to choke down the mm to about what the carb is eliminating a slow moving fuel charge in the cage... the cage itself has a few flaws though. but you defenitly would gain much from a aftermarket cage from boyesen or v force. the petals are close to boyesen power reeds but the carbon fiber rad valve is a bit better.
none the less impressive for stock

whyzee
09-09-2009, 06:53 PM
well it appears the boot is very supirior to most stock boots because it has reed stuffers big enough to choke down the mm to about what the carb is eliminating a slow moving fuel charge in the cage... the cage itself has a few flaws though. but you defenitly would gain much from a aftermarket cage from boyesen or v force. the petals are close to boyesen power reeds but the carbon fiber rad valve is a bit better.
none the less impressive for stock

that was the message from the perfromance guide. The stock reed cage is really nice and horsepower can be found elsewhere w/o spending $130+ for a reed cage.

86waterpumper
09-10-2009, 04:58 PM
the stock reed cage is awesome? I wouldn't go quite that far. It is alot better with some boyeson power reeds at least bolted on, but with the stock metal reeds and limiters it's not all that for sure..not to mention the main problem which is that it makes it hard to run bigger carbs. I stuck a mid to late 80's cr250 reedcage on mine and it gave a pretty nice performance boost without spending alot but you can't run the stock airbox when you do that.

NOS_350X
09-10-2009, 05:08 PM
What a Joke, The stock reed cage Will work with a stockish setup. Once you get to the point of a bigger carb you need a better cage. You get a bigger carb you need a reecage and boot that isnt holding it back. This is also the reason i dont get a Rad valve for an atc or trx, A rad valve for the Cr250 is built for a 38mm carb.

I have a VF2 cage, Rad valve, cage from a 2001 cr250, 95 cr250, 89 cr250 and an ESR cage. Trust me these all will give you a Noticeable diffrence in power over the stock atc reedcage.

Dirtcrasher
09-10-2009, 05:16 PM
^ Although I'm not a 2 stroke guy for the most part (only within DEEPA's R motor) It's great that you guys try stuff and give us the feedback.

Reading things on paper is fine, but backing things up with real experiences is what I listen to myself :beer

Isn't that guide something Honda offered a loooooooong time ago?

Christ, these guys (members) learn more in a couple of swaps and a few turns of a screwdriver then Honda ever did...... Only because HONDA chose to focus on building an incredible performing stock powerplant and not so much swapping parts to gain performance.

A 23oz :beer to you guys that TRY things and share it with the rest of us :D

Billy Golightly
09-10-2009, 05:24 PM
You can modify the stock reedcage and it'll perform close enough to any of the aftermarket ones for me. Along with matching it to the intake boot. (Just an example: http://3wheelerworldforums.com/showthread.php?t=60587) The only caveat might be the V-force (and similar) cages that have multiple reed petal area because of how they are designed.

Dirtcrasher
09-10-2009, 05:33 PM
I'd like to see Ronnie chime in...... HE DA MAN!!

I'm pretty sure he told DEEPA that he felt the V force or whatever reed cage he had bought and installed on the 250R was a waste of $$.

NOS_350X
09-10-2009, 05:35 PM
Billy your forgetting a big part of the aftermaket cages. Thats the angle and Curve the pedals sit at.

You cant change that on a stock cage. Now im not saying that modifying the sotck cage isnt a good idea. It is, and its super cheap. But when i have the aftermaket cages why screw wiht a oem cage.

NOS_350X
09-10-2009, 05:45 PM
^ Although I'm not a 2 stroke guy for the most part (only within DEEPA's R motor) It's great that you guys try stuff and give us the feedback.

Now that i have a 250r i get to try all thses parts ive collected.

Here is a review of some of the pipes ive tryed.

http://www.3wheeler.org/vb/showthread.php?t=38473

Hers a pic of Some of the pipes i have collected
http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g285/NOS_350x/IMG_6802.jpg

scottp597
09-10-2009, 05:49 PM
I just posted a thread about finding out which pipe that one is (bottom left!) I've searched but couldn't find anything

NOS_350X
09-10-2009, 05:51 PM
Just replyed to it

whyzee
09-10-2009, 06:04 PM
NOS 350X

is that your front rim in your avatar picture????? if yes, how the hell did you do that????

cox
09-10-2009, 06:37 PM
ditto on the avatar pic question???

Billy Golightly
09-10-2009, 06:40 PM
Billy your forgetting a big part of the aftermaket cages. Thats the angle and Curve the pedals sit at.

You cant change that on a stock cage. Now im not saying that modifying the sotck cage isnt a good idea. It is, and its super cheap. But when i have the aftermaket cages why screw wiht a oem cage.

The OEM's have had the angle of the petals figured out since atleast the early 80s, IMO. Its not necessarily about the angle of the reeds as they sit on the cage, but how CLOSE the tips are to the intake ports, and how long the tract is from the slide on in. The only way they are disadvantaged is by the fact that they do not have the outlet opening area of some of the pyramid styled cages (Duncan), and the multiple angled opening ones like the V-force and ESR. And to me, even those somewhat defeat the purpose, because having the material for the backstop on those multiple angles is just more junk in the way of the flow. Its not like the reedtips are closing in on themselves and its clear when they are open. Theres still a "door frame" so to speak.

In terms of pure reedcage area output, the V-force style cages win.

In terms of pure smoothness and ease of transfer from the carb slide to the outside of the reedcage, the Boyesen Rad valve and other one piece intake/reedcage comobinations win.

And I think the OEM parts is a nice mix between the two with some modifications :)