PDA

View Full Version : 350x desert riding video

Dammit!
09-07-2009, 02:30 PM
Not as good as the Rex vid. I just threw this one together. Got a shot of a Rattlesnake though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0944zU-OOTk

dcreel
09-07-2009, 02:42 PM
Stupid question.. but is that area legal to ride in? I need to move to Arizona.. Looks like an awesome place to ride.

Dammit!
09-07-2009, 02:49 PM
Yeah it's legal. No permits required but you do have to run a plate with a OHV sticker now.

It's an ok spot. California has way better riding areas than Arizona though.

dcreel
09-07-2009, 03:04 PM
I used to live in California so I have been to most of them. Does anyone ride Ocotillo Wells anymore? I don't hear a lot about it from people and it had an incredible spread of sand, dirt, and everything in between. I spent a lot of time at rasor road, Ocotillo Wells and Glamis. I even got a fine for riding near Devore at a riding place alongside the freeway. The CHP and Sherrifs showed up and handed out tickets. Someone said it was where the US Festival was in the 80's. I got the ticket in 88 or 89.

Dammit!
09-07-2009, 03:07 PM
I've heard of Ocotillo Wells but never been there. Not sure if it's still open. I've only been to the Imperial Sand Dunes and Rasor Road. AZ doesn't have anything that match either of those (that I've seen yet anyway). Cinders up near Flagstaff is pretty cool.

tanks350x
09-07-2009, 03:20 PM
you got some very good places to ride out there. But here in the north east winter trail riding is awesome as well