PDA

View Full Version : Questions on kick starter 85' 250R

NewfieBish
09-05-2009, 11:12 AM
Hey all, I was getting ready to replace the kicker spring on my 85' 250R. I was just reading over the manual and it says I need a tool to hold the clutch while I take the centre bolt out, should I go and buy a specific tool for this or is there some method to it? Any suggestions?

x.system
09-05-2009, 11:47 AM
Just use an air gun to remove the nut if you have air, if not use a penny to wedge the back gear, no need for that tool.

lndy650
09-05-2009, 02:46 PM
you can put it in gear and hold the sprocket bolt with another wrench but sometimes the sprocket loosens instead... you can also wedge something soft in the gears like mentioned. penny or other copper piece

NewfieBish
09-05-2009, 07:47 PM
ok i got the new spring in and that, however i got a question. The part called the ratchet guide plate, it has 2 bolts holding in the inside of the right crankcase, and the starter ratchet brings up on this plate when its returning from a kick.. the tab on mine has a small bend in it, is this supposed to be there?

Mosh
09-05-2009, 09:18 PM
ok i got the new spring in and that, however i got a question. The part called the ratchet guide plate, it has 2 bolts holding in the inside of the right crankcase, and the starter ratchet brings up on this plate when its returning from a kick.. the tab on mine has a small bend in it, is this supposed to be there?
Yes that bend is supposed to be there.