PDA

View Full Version : 200es Timing

rugman316
09-01-2009, 04:24 PM
Wondering if somebody can help me out I'm not to sure what line to have the fly wheel set on when setting the timing on a 200es. Do you set it on the F or the T and then loosen the two screws on the pulse generator and then line up the two lines on the pick up and the other thing. From what I've read this is how I understand it. Am I on the right track any help would be appreciated. Also when I had a look at the cam chain it looked pretty loose and stretched out will this pretty much throw all the factory timing settings out the window or should it still be the same?

lndy650
09-01-2009, 05:19 PM
there is a ton of threads on how to set the timing on the honda 200 engines 200, 200s, 200e, 200x ect so I decided to type this up. I will start from just after you have placed the head on the cylinder. Set the cam with the thrust washer so the lobes are facing down and make sure the bushing is set into the head correctly with the pin in the indent. Next place the rocker cover on the head while making sure to hold the rockers up through the valve adjustment holes. Torque the head at 22 foot pounds. Remove the plug on the top of the case to see the flywheel marks. Turn the flywheel until you see a T line up the -mark next to the T with the -mark on the case. next place the cam chain on the sprocket and moving the chain around the sprocket line up the circle on the sprocket with the indent on the valve cover(straight up) so that the bolt holes on the sprocket line up with the cam. tighten bolts. Turn the engine over a few times and go back to the T to make sure the circle still lines up with the indent.now install the base to the CDI with a new gasket.making sure your still on the T set the dowel pin in the cam and slide the spark advancer on the cam. The line on the spark advancer should be pointing up(if its not it needs to be taken out of the springs and flipped). Install the bolt that holds the spark advancer. Next rotate the engine to the F- on the flywheel. Install the pulse generator base plate onto the cdi base lining up the line on the pick up(black square) with the spark advancer. tighten the 2 phillips screws run the wires out the indent just under the right side screw and install the CDI cover with the gasket. Thats it your timing is set.

lndy650
09-01-2009, 05:22 PM
this might not be deserving of the world class help forum but maybe there should be a place to put stuff like this so people dont have to try to search the forums...
also if someone can improve please do...

rugman316
09-01-2009, 11:39 PM
Ok I followed these directions to the letter and it starts up and idles nice but now it seems to be missing at wide open throttle any further advice anybody could give me? Maybe recheck valve adjustment?Thanks in advance.