PDA

View Full Version : new trike/ and its problems

robertmitch85
08-31-2009, 03:42 PM
So I bought a 1985 200x a few months ago, so far i have done new axle bearings (pain in the trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro), new swinger bearings, new front wheel bearings, NOS chain slider, 42 tooth sprocket rear, 12 tooth front, renthal z ring chain, new plug, fuel lines / filter, oil changed, dura blue +4 eliminator axle, new swamplite 22 " front tire,new hinson clutch steel and kevlar plates, etc. I have already done a crap load of work to this thing but I cant figure why third gear slips? The clutch is installed right, even put the heavy duty springs, butI cant get it to start slipping. suposedly the engine was rebuilt 4 months ago, and it feels like it has a good amount of power, the compression is 135lbs, so i imagine atleast the top end was redone, is it possible that the builder missed something in the tranny? it shifts great and stays in each gear, clutch pulls great, but like I said 3rd gear is weird under load, this is what the original clutch was doing before I replaced it. any Ideas I want to keep the goodie going on this thing, Thats why I bought 1 with a suposidly rebuilt motor. will put up pic this afternoon

shortline10
08-31-2009, 03:55 PM
Sounds like 3rd gear is missing teeth . The last time you changed the oil did you see any metal in the filter screen ?

robertmitch85
08-31-2009, 04:17 PM
nope no metal, just what I guess was engine assembly grease