PDA

View Full Version : 200e bogging down...?

juggaloclownz18
08-27-2009, 03:34 PM
Hey guys, i got my stator coil soldered back into the stator and put back and it worked great again, went riding several times no problems until the dumb recoil broke again, so i got that fixed with a new spring set and now it seems that once i got that back on, i seem to be loosing gas or its too rich or something because it wont stay running and when i can get it to stay running i have to give it WOT for it to stay on or else it bogs down and dies??

I have checked the "fuel filter", cleaned the carb last week, and it is getting gas to the motor etc, it will move but it jerks around when it bogs down...

What else can i check? Do you think its flooding from being too rich or something like that? shens I just dont understand it worked fine now it doesnt? WTF!

juggaloclownz18
08-31-2009, 09:23 AM
Turns out its waaaayy flooding out, now its started leaking gas from being flooded....

Pulled the carb again, so i can figure out whats really going on with it behind the scenes, its a sneaky ******, it operated fine and looks good until its in the bike, then it floods it sooo bad that it leaks gas out the seam where im missing a gasket between cases....

I know there should be no gas in the bottom end, but its flooding the top end so bad that its seeping past the rings and into the bottom end and out the bottom where theres a gasket missing...

The only way this thing starts is if it sits overnight and all the gas leaks out, i know how to start a flooded engine but it still does not work without some major downtime, makes it real hard to fix the problem in the first place LOL

I HATE THIS THING!! If it wasnt free i would have set it on fire a long time ago!!

Erics350x
08-31-2009, 02:13 PM
sounds like you need a new float needle and maybe a float. it also could be the gas cap not venting.

juggaloclownz18
08-31-2009, 02:35 PM
How do i test the gas cap, and would that cause such a flooding state that it leaks out the bottom case?

Yamaha_Rules69
08-31-2009, 03:10 PM
Yes, a worn needle and seat will cause gas to get into the lower end, especially if you leave the petcock on the "on" position when you are done riding and let it sit. The carb will just keep filling slowly, and it will leak past the piston rings and into the bottom end. To check the gas cap vent, you can try blowing in the holes on the bottom side of the cap, and see if anything comes out the top.

juggaloclownz18
08-31-2009, 04:58 PM
Gas cap is OK
float/needle seem to look/operate ok.... How far should the float come up before the needle moves up?