PDA

View Full Version : Nuetral switch question

Jbird5363
08-26-2009, 12:34 AM
I have a 250sx I can't get the nuetral light to come on I'm assuming it's the switch that tells it it's in nuetral that is bad when I jumped the solinoid (sp) it fired up. Is there an easy way to ground out this switch if do where is it and wires am I looking for and what should I do with them.
I also have a question on the brakes they aren't very strong and won't spring back to position any easy solution or should I tear them down and clean and replace parts.

Thanks j.b.

chris200x
08-26-2009, 04:52 AM
your wires and connectors are down alongside the one footpeg(left side) I believe. back behind a little guard or cover. unhook them and clean with some wd40 or a small wire brush.

also make sure they're connected back behind the dash on the handlebars. good luck!

fabiodriven
08-26-2009, 08:39 AM
Yep, clean and replace worn parts on your brakes. Make sure you properly lube or replace the cables. They aren't going to fix themselves.

Jbird5363
08-26-2009, 03:29 PM
I've got a new switch I just can't find the old one

Jbird5363
08-26-2009, 07:29 PM
Sweet found it it was buried under gunk
Cleaned it up it works now the light bulb is bad but my e start button works now
I just need to get the brakes working the bottom of the carb leaks and I have to figure out something for a gas tank